CDIH

Full Version: Get your money back from the music industry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a public service announcement. Stick it to the music industry...Almost every record label is being sued for illegal price gouging and (if they lose the lawsuit) if you've bought an album, cd or tape between January 1, 1995, through December 22, 2000 they'll refund you $20. Not a bad deal, just fill out a claim here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://musiccdsettlement.com/english/default.htm">http://musiccdsettlement.com/english/default.htm</a><!-- m -->

Quote:What is the Litigation About?

Plaintiffs allege that the Defendants conspired to illegally raise the prices of prerecorded Music Products by implementing Minimum Advertised Price policies, in violation of State and Federal laws. All Defendants deny all claims of wrongdoing asserted by the Plaintiffs.

Who are the Defendants?

The Distributor Defendants are: Capitol Records, Inc. d/b/a EMI Music Distribution, Virgin Records America, Inc., and Priority Records LLC; Time Warner, Inc., Warner-Elektra-Atlantic Corp., WEA, Inc., Warner Music Group, Inc., Warner Bros. Records, Inc., Atlantic Recording Corporation, Elektra Entertainment Group, Inc., and Rhino Entertainment Company; Universal Music & Video Distribution Corporation, Universal Music Group, Inc., and UMG Recordings, Inc.; Bertelsmann Music Group, Inc. and BMG Music; and Sony Music Entertainment Inc. The Retailer Defendants are: MTS, Inc. d/b/a Tower Records, Musicland Stores Corp., and Trans World Entertainment Corp.
Damn.....I might just be a millionaire if this is true.....
Some catches --- 1 claim per person, no matter how many cd's you bought Undecided ... and you can get anywhere between $0 - 20 depending on how many claims there are
holy shit. i hope this is true.
Yeah....reading that makes it not even worth it to file a claim.

I've already gotten back at the record companies by stealing music.

I figure with the amount I've overpaid for each CD I've bought, that would cover the cost of the ones I've stolen. :thumbs-up:
oh poo.
eh, it's worth it -- it only takes 1 minute to fill out a claim :thumbs-up:

(and this is coming from a lazy stoner...)
yeah, i guess $20 is better than nothing.
Cool! With that $20 I can buy a CD! :fuggin: