CDIH

Full Version: Fear factor suffers first fatality - Did anyone not see this coming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I never watch this show, but come on, how many people didn't see this happening? And it figures, "May Sweeps" is when they are shooting people and having cripples swim. I swear within ten years, network TV will be showing full penetration sex and live executions in order to drive ratings.....

Quote:Los Angeles (Reuters) - Taping of the NBC hit show "Fear Factor" has been suspended indefinitely after an apparent accidental shooting death of a contestant. Earlier today, during a taping of an episode which was to air during May sweeps, Heather Ferguson, 24. a corrections officer for Riverside County Jail in Los Angeles was shot and killed during a botched stunt.

The stunt, which entailed contestants being shot by an Army Ranger sniper with a rifle from a distance of 500 feet went awry as Miss Ferguson fainted, and the bullet missed her protective military-issue Spectra vest, and struck her in the neck. Paramedics on scene attempted to stop the bleeding, but were unable to repair her severed carotid artery.

Miss Ferguson was the third contestant during NBC's "Police Officer Fear Factor" to be shot by 18-year Army Ranger sharpshooter veteran Kevin Atkin. Contestants were to stand against a wall and be shot in the chest by Mr. Atkin. The previous two went off without incident as the Spectra vests, which are more protective than Kevlar, stopped the sniper's bullet easily. NBC Spokesman Lee Snyder said, "We are all deeply affected by this tragedy, and our hearts go out to Miss Ferguson’s family and friends." Mr. Snyder continued, "Every precaution that could be taken, was taken, and it was just a matter of a freak occurrence as Miss Ferguson apparently passed out and started to fall right as Mr. Atkin was shooting. If that bullet had hit her vest, there is no possibility we would be talking about this incident now."

NBC has recently come under fire for the boundary-pushing show. Women's rights groups protested the show's Super Bowl halftime special featuring Playboy Playmates as "sexist and exploitive". And as recently as last week, a taping of "Disabled Fear Factor" was blasted by the American Association for People with Disabilities (AAPD) as "heartless" and "Nazi-esque" for events that were set up for handicapped contestants. The event that drew the most fire was one that required contestants to swim the length of an Olympic-sized swimming pool. While no one was injured during the taping of that show, NBC was forced to issue a statement confirming that the all contestants, including Cesar Cabral, a paraplegic, were fully aware and accepted all risks during the contest.

Heather Ferguson is survived by her parents Robert and Sheila Foley of San Diego, two brothers, and her fiancé William Delano of Los Angeles.

Neither a spokesman for The Los Angeles Police Department nor Fear Factor host Joe Rogan were available for comment, however, no charges have been filed at this time.
<font color="EEEEEE"> <fonty size=1>

Edited By Galt on Feb. 19 2002 at 12:06
not only do i hope they have footage but i hope they show it in the best quality possible. it's good it happened. stupid reality tv shit
HAHAHA, Fuck Reality TV with a steel dildo. Those shows are a crime to humanity and I hope they all get cancelled and the networks lose a shitload of money. <font color="FFFFF">

Edited By The Sleeper on Feb. 17 2002 at 03:42
you know i've decided to re-read the article and if you're going to faint during a stunt, you don't deserve to be on FEAR FACTOR!!, hell you don't deserve to be a cop as she is and this
Quote: And as recently as last week, a taping of "Disabled Fear Factor" was blasted by the American Association for People with Disabilities (AAPD) as "heartless" and "Nazi-esque" for events that were set up for handicapped contestants. The event that drew the most fire was one that required contestants to swim the length of an Olympic-sized swimming poo
now fuck the PC ness of the group anti- Special Fear Factor but can you honestly tell me you wouldn't watch retards facing their fears?

Edited By IkeaBoy on Feb. 17 2002 at 03:53
IkeaBoy Wrote:now fuck the PC ness of the group anti- Special Fear Factor but can you honestly tell me you wouldn't watch retards facing their fears?
No, I honestly wouldn't
where exactly did you get this story from since i can't find it anywhere
well, besides this being hilarious and sleeper not being able to figure out how to disguise his edits, who else finds this, well, um, hilarious :fuggin:
about fucking time! the only reason to watch that show is maybe somebody dies. Now it has my interest, won't miss another episode. Can they shoot someone every week or am I expecting too much? Maybe not shoot but hanging,Falling to a horrible death, helicopter crash, bad snake bite, contact with gonzo's penis come on keep it fun! :lol:
The really fucked up part was that she probably signed a waiver beforehand, so it would be hard if not impossible for the family of the victim to seek criminal or civil charges. But being shot at with a sniper rifle? What the fuck were they expecting?
what if they were to be sliced with a ninja sword? would you watch then seph? Confusedeph:
<font size=6>HAHA DEAD PEOPLE ARE FUNNY</font>

[Image: dead.jpg]

HARHAHAHDEHAHAHA FUHNEE

[Image: i6108.jpg]

HAHAHAHA DEAD MEXICARS HAHAHAH HO HO HO

[Image: bodies.jpg]

HAHAH LOOK AHT HTIS FIEEEET! HAHAHAHRHJOHOOHO

Edited By WhipThisFez on Feb. 17 2002 at 11:51
you are one fucked up individual. :lol:
hey galt, can you provide a link so i can verify this... right now im not finding it on any news sites...
Hybrid - Yes.

Fez - OH GOD YES.
Why would I post the link? I posted the whole story instead.
Galt Wrote:Why would I post the link? I posted the whole story instead.
because no one can seem to find the story on any news server and thus we don't know if it's true or not
Are you calling me a liar? Why would you question my integrity?
Galt Wrote:Are you calling me a liar? Why would you question my integrity?
why haven't you provided an adequate link?
I refuse to acknowledge these baseless accusations with a response.
should we proclaim Galt a Liar and lock this fucker?
Pages: 1 2