CDIH

Full Version: Smackdown Spoilers - Except for Angle, sounds awful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SMACKDOWN SPOILERS FROM EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ

by Joey Pujol Updated: 1/12/2003 9:56:41 PM

Here at the Smackdown spoilers for the show that will air on 1/16.

The show opens with a Dawn Marie/Al Wilson package.

Smackdown starts and Pyro opens the show.

Los Guerreros d. John Cena & B2. After the match, Redd Dogg & John Cena attack B2 for causing the loss. Eddie appeared to be injured after the match as it took him about 5 minutes to get up, with the assistance of Chavo and the ref crew.

Team Angle/Benoit video package.

Stephanie takes the ramp and announces The Phenom's (Undertaker) return this Sunday at the Rumble.

Dawn Marie did a promo on Al Wilson. She says tonight she will respect his wishes and present the public viewing of his body.

Nathan Jones promo of him in a jail cell talking to himself.

Bill DeMott d. Rikishi

Funaki promo with Billy Kidman making fun of Matt Hardy and Shannon Moore. Matt and Shannon enter for the promo. They all then brawl, setting up the match for later tonight.

Nunzio, Knoble and Nidia promo. They make some great jokes on NJ. Then say the horrible stench that resides around Jersey comes from the women who live here.

Nunzio d. Tajiri. Knoble got a stiff kick for his attempted interference and Nidia a face full of green mist.

Undertaker promo. But this week it showed the American Bad Ass. Clips and said that the Bad Ass returns at the Royal Rumble, not the Dead Man. (Note from Scherer: From what I was told, it will indeed be the Bad Ass character that Undertaker plays when he returns. As for why they did the promo for his old character? Like the old Bud commercial said, "Why ask why?"

Dawn Marie was shown at a funeral home, then walking up to a casket. She cries on the funeral home employee's shoulder and convinces him to give her a few minutes alone. She then opens Al's casket and weeps. Promo ends with her kissing his corpse.

We then head to a Stephanie McMahon and Brock Lesnar promo. She announces a match for later, which is A-Train & Big Show vs. Brock and his choice of partner. Paul Heyman enters the ring with Show and A-Train. Rumble talk ensues. Heyman mentions the number of his clients in this Sunday's Royal Rumble. Rey Mysterio returns as Lesnar's partner. Brock gives Albert an F5. Rey does the 619 for the victory. Brock Lesnar & Rey Mysterio d. Big Show and A-Train.

Yet another funeral home segment that accomplishes nothing aired next.

Matt Hardy d. Funaki. After the match, Matt smacks Shannon Moore. Shannon and Billy tried some run-ins during the match.

Torrie is shown entering the funeral home.

Next was another Nathan Jones promo.

Team Angle did a promo dissing Jersey, saying the women are from the zoo and the men are overweight. Angle then says as a gold medalist he represents all 50 states, except for Jersey. Funny stuff. Thank God I'm from NYC lol.

Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin) vs. Edge & Chris Benoit went to a DQ due to Benoit not letting go of the crossface on the illegal man. Benoit attacks Angle after the match. Brock Lesnar then comes down and destroys Team Angle with an F5 to Charlie, and then Shelton. Benoit throws Angle into the ring to receive an F5 from Lesnar. A headbutt from Benoit follows. Show Over.

After the last match, Team Angle cut a promo ragging on Benoit, Edge and the NY Jets.

Then there was a Dawn Marie and Torrie Wilson promo in the funeral home, with them arguing over the death of Al. Dawn slaps Torrie, then a catfight ensues and
The casket is accidentally knocked over. While Torrie weeps she is attacked by Dawn with a lamp.

Overall it was a pretty disappointing show, with a very dead crowd for the majority of the show.
Quote:Then there was a Dawn Marie and Torrie Wilson promo in the funeral home, with them arguing over the death of Al. Dawn slaps Torrie, then a catfight ensues and
The casket is accidentally knocked over. While Torrie weeps she is attacked by Dawn with a lamp.

What the fuck is this. At least HHH fucked a mannequin. This was really sad after teh Raw Anniversary when they showed all those wrestlers really dying in the past 10 years
I missed smackdown tonight I was working, looks like I didn't miss much.

Hopefully the rumble will redeem the WWE somewhat.
I still wanna tag team with GonzoStyle. I'm UP for it!
i checked it out during commercials of other shows last night...didn't see anything that made me want to stick with it...very uneventful leading into one of the "big four"...i agree with gonz, it better be better on sunday
rey mysterio was back and the last match with team angle and benoit and edge. the rest of the show was shit and the al wislon dead was in extremely poor taste with real recent deaths. The only reason no one is making that big of a deal about it I guess is because HHH was not in the angle.
I don't really have a problem with the "Al Wilson being dead" angle, mainly because I hope after the RR this terrible storyline will end, and also Al really isn't a wrestler. It's pretty obvious they guy isn't really dead. If they pulled this with actual talent I might see it as done in poor taste, though.

I think the RR will be entertaining, it better be especially after the load of shit that RAW X was...