CDIH

Full Version: XBOX Live - does anyone have it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i recently got a microsoft wireless base station and a wireless network adaptor for my wife's laptop. i have my PS2 hooked up to it so that i can play S.O.C.O.M., madden 2003, THPS3&4, and a couple other games online. i guess the question is......is it worth dropping the 50 bucks on the XBOX live starter kit? i know that you get a year online for free but then you gotta pay. i mean to be honest.....my XBOX is sitting there collecting dust but playing online may spark my interest.
I just recently got online with my ps2.... but don't have XBOX. My buddies play halo online all the time though on XBOX... they are always ranting about it, and say that game is insane. 50 bucks is nothing, and a free subscription to game servers for a year gives you more than enough time to figure out if you want to resubscribe. I'm not imagining it would be all that much for a subscrption anyway. Do it... what do you have to lose except a few bucks you'd spend on something else arbitrary anyway.
good point. now all i gotta do is find the fucking thing. i went out yesterday looking for the xbox live startup kit and couldn't find it anywhere.
It's a hot item. I have the kit but haven't bought either of the two games I want for it yet. I want to get my hands on Unreal Championship and Mech Assault. Rented both but haven't bought them yet.
DOA extreme volleyball is supposed to be an online game too (i think)
I hear XBOX live is great. I have the Xbox, but haven't picked up LIVE yet. Word is that XBOX live da bomb, and the games for it are great (mech assault, NHL2k3, Unreal) plus there are games with downloadable additional content...which will be continuing to happen, so it's a good idea to get it (SplinterCell, ToaJam & Earl all have extra content)
i still cannot find the live communicator start up kit. i went to toysRus and best buy plus a few other places and nobody had any.

NHL2K3 online eh? i cannot wait to get that!

Edited By LZMF1 on 1042844713
Might try ordering it online, I haven't seen the start-up kit anywhere in a while.
:banana: NICE!!! :banana:

i finally got it. i went back to toys r us and asked nicely if there were any pre orders that were never picked up....much to my surprise they had 1. the guy told me that since i had asked nicely it was mine for the taking. :thumbs-up:

i ended up getting the XBOX live startup kit and segasports NHL2K3. my name on XBOX live is......you guessed it LZMF1.

gooch when you get the xbox live kit and nhl2k3 and wanna get spanked IM me.

Edited By LZMF1 on 1042954240
Quote:I want to get my hands on Unreal Championship and Mech Assault. Rented both but haven't bought them yet.
i did the weekly rental deal at blockbuster and i think i may have to buy both of these games. normally i cannot get into these silly mech games but i must admit it was cool as Hell plus i was playing against a buddy of mine. his name on the XBOX live is ArmenianAsassin. if you happen to run into him take a few shots at him for me. :thumbs-up:

unreal aint too shabby and considering that i just rented these 2 games today......i had a decent # of kills for a newbie.
Change the level of difficulty from very easy to normal. Bet you don't do so well.
i had it on normal.

so there!
for those of you eho have it, how is the woreless connection vs. a cabled connection?

I'm moving soon, and I plan to network the house as much as possible. Right now, I don't see the PC and my XBOX/PS2 being in the same room, in factm they'll be pretty far apart. Should I go ahead and use cableing, or would a wireless router work best?

I've thought of splicing the cable internet feed and running a line up to the living room, but I really don't wanna splice coax - it can diminish my speed, and as it is I don't know how fast I'll be moving once I get it hooked up there (right now I'm at the cap, but a different neighborhood might give different results).

I don't mind running cables, I'd do it within the walls with faceplates, the whole 9 yards - but obviously wireless is a lot easier and cleaner. Opinions?
Cable. Definately cable. And use Cat6 so that in the next year when the gigabit network cards become standard, you are good to go.

Wireless is only about half the speed of cable (if you go 802.11a) and is twice as expensive.
Quote:Wireless is only about half the speed of cable (if you go 802.11a) and is twice as expensive

well fuck that - cable it is! Thanks jack - now I can spend my day researching how to network a house :thumbs-up:
i'm hardwired too. i got a plain old cat5 cable.
Quote:i recently got a microsoft wireless base station and a wireless network adaptor for my wife's laptop. i have my PS2 hooked up to it
Bear with me here, ok. How do you have the PS2 connected to that? I lost ya. So you need to put in a PS2 Network adapter, then you run cable from it to... ?? :clueless:
wireless base station mn-500

Ethernet capability, too
This base station is far more than a centerpiece for a wireless network — its 4-port switch can also accommodate as many as four additional wired computers.

Quote:So you need to put in a PS2 Network adapter, then you run cable from it to... ??
yes

need i say more?

Edited By LZMF1 on 1043192997