CDIH

Full Version: Like a Deer in headlights, - We just cannot not watch....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like a Deer in front of a car with its headlights on, we as die hard fans, do not have the ability or will power to not watch the WWE programming now when it sucks or is at its worst. Why is that? I have 2 theories. Hope and Fear.

The first, Hope, is based on the hope that something good will happen on the show. We know the show sucked the last 4 shows in a row, but there is always the hope of them putting out a good show.

The second, Fear, plays a little off the hope theory. In the hopes that something good will happen, we fear that by not watching we will miss the good thing or show. It drives us to watch, even if we are surfing other channels during the more dull segments, we always end up back on wrestling.

So what does this mean? I dunno.. these are just my theories.
Kinda like listening to Opie & Anthony that last year.
I think we cannot not watch simply because there isn't anything else to watch - and personally, other than this week's past RAW I haven't actually watched a RAW show in over a month mainly because it's been teh suck.

The WWE has been good at teasing us with big name returns, but how much longer will that hold up? Seriously, who's left? Hogan is back again, Austin is coming back...The Rock is filming movies and making short visits...etc. The only wild card I see the WWE having is Goldberg - and from what I have read, if he does show up it'll only be for a huge appearance and NOT a regular role.

The WWE needs serious competition - period. They have noone to bow down to, noone to out-do so if a show sucks ass, it's still better than nothing (in their eyes). Resigning or bringing back big names will only go so far until it becomes old news and noone cares anymore. They have a HUGE amount of young talent just waiting to burst out, but they'd rather push the Undertaker for the millionth time.

What amazes me more is I know that WWE people read the internet boards and I'm sure in one way or another that they are aware of what the fans really want - why not give it to them? Maybe if they did, the viewership would come back and buy rates for PPV's would go up again, thus making the WWE stockholders very happy (at least I would think so).
The apocalypse is near.
i have stopped watching because they are starting to replay the same matches as they did a year ago.. I will come back to it in a few months when maybe they start having new matches.