CDIH

Full Version: America's Army
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried this game? I played it for the first time last night. I saw a review for it in PC Gamer and they said it's comparable to most $50 shooters. I enjoyed it and was wondering what everyone else thought of it.
I still have the original (v 1.00), but I haven't played it in a while. I like it, but at the time there weren't many servers and I had difficulty connecting with a decent ping, so I kinda left it for a while (from what I've heard, connectivity and ping issues have been resolved since). It is a great game though, definitely on par with any of the other war-type FPS's that are out, if not better than them.

FTL plays it regularly, he's probably be able to give a better review. One of these day's I'll get back into it.
yea prepare for a full review, strategy guide, and step by step breakdown of the game when ftl finds this thread.
It's good, but it still can't compare to the realism (the goofy heartbeat sensor aside) of the Rainbow 6 games.
i have it. its super realistic, which can be frustrating at times with the whole one shot, your dead thing. but its a good game definately
Whoa, i just got a hankering to download it... while I'm waiting for the install, I figure I'll go see what's happening on CDIH. ... and I just watched Final Destination (good movie, btw), so now I'm scared.
I'm really enjoying it...I got into sniper school and I got my clearence to use those guns...next on my list is to start ranger school...the missions are so much fun sometimes...perhaps a CDIH group can play this too??? If anyone is interested IM me...
Quote:yea prepare for a full review, strategy guide, and step by step breakdown of the game when ftl finds this thread.
:rofl:

Yeah, I do play it a lot, and strangely enough I usually stick to just one map - Bridge. I do like the realism a lot, and I really like that communication with your teammates is crucial.... it gives the game more depth.

IM (or PM) me, maybe we can play sometime...
Bridge is such a great map. I really like that one and the POW rescue. I've got a bunch I haven't played but those are my favorites as of now...
Ok, since this game came back as topical I decided to start playing it again - it turns out my name is no longer valid? Anyway, rather than upgrade to the newest version I decided to uninstall the original one (whoch wasn't working anyway), I downloaded the newest one (!.5) and proceeded to begin anew with a new name - but it still isn't working! I start the game, I go to register my handle (which opens up a separate browser window) and when I punch in the name, it just sits there - if I refresh it, it says "that name is already in use". Now, I did this a few times with a few different names and I got the same result - hanging, then telling me the name is taken. Has this happened to anyone else?

As for the names, I've used names that I seriously doubt anyone else has, basically iterations of goatweed - i.e., I used CDIHGoatWeed, GoatWeedCDIH, etc.

Any suggestions?
I take it you also never got the authorization email?
that is correct, sir - I have the old one with my old name, but as I said it no longer works for whatever reason.
OK - hopefully Goatweed got his stuff solved (we'll find out when he gets home tonight). Yo Tomato Boy :-D , what's your name in the game? Should we start renaming our accounts to include [CDIH] on the front?
I'll put CDIH in front...if I'm ont the only one that is...[MxO]Matrix for now...I had a hella good time last night playin with you FTL...all you socomer s should come over to this game
Yeah, I'll switch to [CDIH]FollowThisLogic (or FTL if it won't fit). I know Goatweed is in. We need more!
Edit: Bastards. 20 character limit, I needed 21. [CDIH]FTL it is.

Edited By FollowThisLogic on 1044351456
I switched to [CDIH]Matrix...SOCOM PLAYERS SHOULD DEFECT TO AA!
Quote:SOCOM PLAYERS SHOULD DEFECT TO AA!

I'll cut your tongue out. SOCOM rules, Infidel.