CDIH

Full Version: SOCOM question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this game last week, it's pretty badass. Too bad I have the dialup...

Anyway, I'm having serious problems on one mission. The Turkmeistan mission, where you have to infiltrate the prison and rescue Mr. Pickle. How the fuck do you beat this one? I can't even get to point Charlie before being spotted...then I'll always get shot down by the helicopter after I get the map.

Anyone have any hints/tips? And no cheats please, cheating is for pussies...
How well does it play on a dial up? I'm asking cause i have one also and ive been thinking about getting the adapter and the game. But if it plays like crap on dial up then it's not worth it for me.
i've heard that it will not play using dial up.

YOU NEED BROADBAND IN ORDER TO PLAY
Gracias LZ :thumbs-up:

And yeah, you can't play online with dialup. I think the game is worth it even without the ability to go online. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and get the broadband...but I've been saying that for the last year...
anytime sir o.
you're more of a socrack junkie than i am.

i'm not even close to that level because i can never finish the 2 level with the 3 bombs and the hostages on the oil rig.

i gave up so now i just blast people online Confuseduicide:
once you get the network adaptor and start playing online, you will never again play one player. a friend of mine had gottne the game before he had the network adaptor and kept arguing that the one player mode was great. i kept arguing that the game was made for online play and the one player mode was secondary. as soon as he got the network adaptor, he saw the error of his ways.

in conclusion: get broadband now
That mission is a pain in the ass. By far it took me longer than any other mission to get past. First of all, don't sweat it too much if you get detected the stupid Hind won't get back any faster really, it is a scare tactic. I usually set off the alarm on one of the towers anyway (that is a tough short even with the sniper rifle). The part that pissed me off was after you have beaten the Helicopter you are usually scarce on ammo, Hell you mat even be stuck with terrorist weapons by this point, you still have to extract Pickle. I was fuming once as I get to the pass right near the extraction point, amazingly with my team still intact (rare enough as that is on this mission), and I leave Bravo with pickle so I can go up ahead and clear the way without losing the hostage.... I hear Jester say "enemy sighted sir" behind me, and I know my boys will pull through.... 3 secs later "mission failed, your hostage is dead". Fucking stupid rednecks on Bravo!
so um......slack......wanna join the CDIH clan?
create a name like [CDIH]Slack and i will send you an invite.
Well, lets see... I haven't touched SOCOM in at least 2 months, and got my ass royally handed to me the first (and yes... only time) I played online. Of course everybody gets that their first time. I have decided to refresh myself with the controls, and I will probably venture online for my newest rectum raping tonight. I'll look for ya fellas Smile
hehe, Slack and Crack teaming up, they don't have a chance, and try the canada rooms, i find a lot of stoners in there, they are a little slower with the reflexes
:fuggin: :fuggin:
Ok... so I brushed up a bit... all that Vice City makes a man forget the arts of subtlety. Screw it, worst that that can happen is I get victimized like a child star at Michael Jackson's ranch right? Macaulay Culkin turned out fine didn't he?