CDIH

Full Version: New Version of AdAware released - for all those pesky spyware issues...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Adaware Version 6 was released earlier this week - go here and get your copy. Every PC should have this on it.

For those of you using Kazaalite, be sure to include the cd_clint.dll <sp?> file in your excluded list in AdAware, or else it'll delete it and you'll lose functionality in Kazaalite.

Speaking ok Kazaalite, there's a new version out here that I started using this week and it's pretty slick. My download speeds on average have dramatically increased, and there are end-user enhancements built into it that make it more fun and functional overall. I highly recommend it.
Quote:For those of you using Kazaalite, be sure to include the cd_clint.dll file in your excluded list in AdAware, or else it'll delete it and you'll lose functionality in Kazaalite.
how do you do it in this version?
allright, I did some research - and I recall that it's done the same way in the older versions.

firstly, if you find that the "help" icon doesn't work, you'll have to open/read/use the AAW 6 user manual - its in your program files\lavasoft\adaware6 folder (manual.chm - dbl click).

anyway, from the manual :

Quote:Adding items to the Ignore list

Sometimes you may want to keep a particular detected content on your system, and don't want Ad-aware to detect
its components over and over again.In this case simply add the entire product, or the desired components to the ignore list.
Items are added to the ignore-list from the scan-result window.

Follow these steps, to add objects to the ignore-list:

1. On the scan result list, check all items that you want to ignore.

2. Right click in the list window to open the result-list menu,

3. Select "Add selection to ignore-list",

4. Click "OK".

Although ignored items will be counted during the scan as being ignored, they will not show up in the scan-result list.

so scan everything first, let it find that file, and proceed as stated above.
Last I knew Kazaa had all sorts of spyware shit in it....has this changed? :clueless:
that link is to something called Kazaalite which is essentially Kazaa without all the spyware. It does install a file on your computer that Adaware or any other spyware-sniffing software application would flag as spyware, but it's just a dummy file to make Kazaa think it's working properly. The version above also has a new hack built into it which makes you a "top trader", something new that Kazaa has started. Basically, the more you share, the higher your rating goes. The higher your rating goes, the faster you'll get into queues for stuff you search for. The version I linked to has a hack in it to rank you at the highest level so you don't have to worry about doing it on your own :thumbs-up:
i actually reverted to the old version of a-aware after trying this. this version is full of glitches
i downloaded ad-aware plus 6

i like it :thumbs-up:
Quote:I actually reverted to the old version of a-aware after trying this. this version is full of glitches

It's working fine for me, it's faster than the old version too. Maybe it's that new Dell of yours?

I have read that some people are finding it "buggy" so you're not alone, Arpi.
Quote:Maybe it's that new Dell of yours?
i was using it on my old system and didnt like it. tried it on the dell and felt the same way.