CDIH

Full Version: Font Viewer??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know of one?

I want something that I can view an entire folder, and just browse through the fonts. Something similar to an ACDSee program.

If not, how do you guys view your fonts? Windows only lets you run around 140 fonts before the machine slows down and I know I'm not the only one with a few thousand fonts on my computer.
Browse to C:\Windows\Fonts, there's your list. Double-click a font to see it.

I have in the neighborhood of 300 fonts, I never noticed my computer slowing down.... the only thing that gets a little bit slower is Photoshop's load time.
Yes I know I can double click a font. But that takes too long. I want something with say a drop down menu, that I can just scroll through the fonts to view them before I install them.
You can make it yourself, on my old comp I took a small 200x300 square in PS and typed something with each font, then I cataloged them by style and saved them all in a folder, that way I didn't have to cycle through 1500 fonts to find one that would work, I'd just look through the folders to see them.
Why type it all out (especially if you have 1000s of fonts, that could take awhile) when you could have an app to browse through them.

I'm sure theres something like this on download.com
Because I haven't seen an app capable of it yet, and even if it existed, I doubt it would split the fonts up into categories like Script, Dirty, Bold and so on
AkFontViewer 3.2.0 looks pretty sweet.
OK, thanks Keyser. Thats EXACTLY what I want. But....it won't let me view a folder other than the default windows font folder. FUCK! So close....
Why not just throw all your fonts in there?
hey maynard...can you upload all your fonts to a folder on your ftp? ...i need more
doesnt the character map in start -> accessories -> system tools do this?
this shows you what each font looks like without having to click it. just scroll and you see what they all look like...no clicking