CDIH

Full Version: Serious help needed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, so I have given into the fact that I don't know what I'm doing. But the thing is, is that I have to know what to do. So I'm asking for some expert help.

I need to make a web page. It's for online commerce for a friend. What I have to make is a website with frames. One frame to be exact on the left side of the page that is always there. My problem is I don't know how.

My other problem is that I'm stuck using Word 2002 for Windows plus what ever random freeware I'm finding online. None of this shit is helping me whatsoever. Word is next to fucking impossible for me to figure out and I hate the fact of having Microsoft using a different language to code their pages. I know basic HTML. I haven't done any frames ever. I used to have Frontpage 98 which I liked.

I am currently contemplating buying the new Frontpage program hoping that it is nothing like Word 2002 and that it codes in basic HTML. My skills only include hardware and software so when it comes to web page creation, I'm a newbie and would prefer to use Wizards but still have the ability to go into the code and do some tweaking.

Can anyone help? :damnpc: :damnpc: :damnpc:
i couldn't tell you but my wife could.

i'll ask her and i'll post her advice later.
But LZ can give you a killer recipe for baking blueberry muffins.
Quote:But LZ can give you a killer recipe for baking blueberry muffins.
Your not helping. :-(
RAC<----mrs. LZ did this site.
That's a nice site, but it's not framed, is it? Ask the Mrs. what her thoughts on buying the Frontpage program. I might have to give up the frames idea, but I still need a good program to work with.
I made blueberry muffins Friday night.

Sorry, can't help with your problem though.
danked...i don't bake but my wife does.

i'm the better cook but i prefer not to bake.
I'd prefer to bake. But I don't think any of this helps Weird.

:lookatme: Hi Weird!
Get Dreamweaver
I prefer to be baked, then enjoy eating baked goods.
supposedly for commerce sites you shouldn't use frames. its like not appropriate or something
I'll PM you some code...
Thanks 2 Tired. It's not that I don't like code, it's that I'm not a code monkey. I like using a program for the easiness.
Quote:Get Dreamweaver
if you want a simple program to build semi-decent websites with frames try sierras web studio. its all drag and drop . no html skills necessary. you can make a real nice site with it.
Quote:
Quote:Get Dreamweaver

Edited By LyricalGomez on 1045442362
It's cool...the code I sent you is really simple...I have a website that uses it...but I'm worried about posting it here due to the ridicule that it would bring upon myself...
Quote:I prefer to be baked, then enjoy eating baked goods.
yeah, me too!
So what's so good about Dreamweaver Gomez? I'm not going to be doing Flash or anything else special like that.
Pages: 1 2