CDIH

Full Version: Metallica Finds a new Bassist - This should be interesting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems that Robert Trujillo (Ex-Suicidal Tendencies, Infectious Grooves, Ozzy) is joining Metallica as Jason Newsteds' replacement. I am surprised it took them this long to find someone. Looking forward to seeing and hearing how this turns out. The guy is a phenomenal bass player. Better than Newsted ever was in my opinion. I just hope this new album is worth it. They've been lagging for a while.
i rather enjoy trujillo's style of play but i WILL NOT BUY ANY NEW METALLICA RELEASES!!!
Isn't the new album already done, with Bob Rock laying down the bass tracks?

Metallica died when Cliff got crushed under the bus...
metalli-who?
I believe it is done. Bob Rock laid the bass lines for it. Maybe I am just optimistic that it will be a good album. As for Metallica dying when Cliff died. I thought the Black Album was really good for the most part, And Justice for All blew. Load was a load of shit Reload had it's good points and The Orchestra one was a failed experiment.
The only song I've liked from Metallica since the Black Album is No Leaf Clover, the rest of them should just be forgotten
Quote:i WILL NOT BUY ANY NEW METALLICA RELEASES!!!
ill just download them.
Quote:I thought the Black Album was really good for the most part, And Justice for All blew

I actually feel the opposite. I thought Justice was a solid album, it just tended to be a bit overdrawn at times - but musically it kicks ass. The black album was ok at first, but if you really sit down and listen to it, you ask yourself "what the fuck happened to these guys". Then you look at the producer credit of Bob Rock, and you get your answer. I remember seeing an interview with him and he said he wanted to try to bring them into the mainstream - he apparently succeeded, but the reason they were good was because they weren't mainstream.

I'll probably give it a listen, but if it's anything like the shit they've spewed the last 10 years or so, I won't be impressed.
I pray there is some sort of massive movement where everybody just downloads it, maybe we can get more of whiny lars complaining about how Metallica is being screwed out of money.
They will be doing a stadium tour this summer with Limp Bizkit also.
i think we are all in aggreance that limp bizkit sucks balls.