CDIH

Full Version: Kurt Angle Gone for a Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like Edge will have someone to keep him company. :disappointed:

Quote:Two separate sources have informed 1Wrestling.com that Kurt Angle's visit to the doctor has not gone as smoothly as many were hoping, and that his neck injury appears to be bad enough to require surgery. Talk within the WWE is that Angle could be out for a year following neck surgery.

As we reported on the Newsline yesterday, Angle, who has been working with a bad neck, aggravated it this past weekend in South Africa. Talk backstage at Raw yesterday was that Angle was going to the doctor to have it examined, but that unless he was specifically told not to, he would try to make it to Wrestlemania. It appears now he may not have a choice in the matter.

There has been no official announcement from WWE regarding this matter, and I have yet to hear what they plan to do as far as the Wrestlemania match with Brock Lesnar is concerned. It will be interesting to see what takes place at the Smackdown taping tonight.
Credit: 1wrestling.com

Benoit, Guerrero and a few others are going to have to step up to the plate and start swinging till they hit a couple o homers... Taker, Show, and Lesnar cannot hold up Smackdown on their own.
TW beat ya too it
This kind of news warrants its own thread. :thumbs-up:
Who's Kurt Angle?
jack wants to have his babies
He thinks pot is evil Danked
Oh, then he is a very bad bad man! :angry:
I guess trying out for the 2004 Olympic team is out the window as well...
Pfffttt... a wrestler in the Olympics... right.
Angle already won an olympic gold medal, I don't think he can compete again, wouldn't the revoke his amatuer status cause of the WWE?

This is a major blow to smackdown though, Lesnar is great but nobody touches angle. Maybe they can have him just manage team angle and not actually wrestle.
I remember reading something don't remember if it was in here or in one of the WWE mags that he was going to go back and train for the Olympics.
yeah but while the wwe isn't considered by mainstream society as a sport, he has made money off his wrestling ability so he is not an amatuer anymore. Unless like with basketball they don't enforce it.
My question is who will replace him in the match at mania.
probably Benoit.
Quote:but while the wwe isn't considered by mainstream society as a sport
omg its so edgy!!
But can't you go back to being amateur? I thought several figure skaters did that, or maybe I'm delusional
I'm not sure if sports entertainment is actually wrestling. I am not sure if there really is a professional wrestling in the way that there is profesional skating and gymnastics. Hmmm.
He may only be out 6 weeks. He's seeing the guy who worked on Scott Hall, and instea dof fusing, he may do an alternative method of reshaping, and removing the spurs of the vertebrae. If he does go thru with that procedure, he'll only be gone 6 weeks.
Hmm, I'd acctually rather have him be out for a year than to be out 6 weeks and then be handicapped by the WWE and not allowed to wrestle as much.