CDIH

Full Version: wmp problem - what the hell is a codec?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
so i downloaded a video, but the Damn thing won't play with a picture.

i have download codecs automatically checked.

& on the computer that it plays on, it says codec unknown, so i can't figure out how to get the Damn thing to work.

quicktime plays it without the picture aol media player & divx won't even open the Damn file.

help :twak:

Edited By drusilla on 1046919350
shes so sexy when she talks geek
heh - i laugh everytime i see the picture of the smiley face poking my boob
Download the divx player from divx.com.. if that doesn't fix it, there is a codec pack on microsofts website.
i think if you take a picture of your delicious knockers and post them in this thread it should work.
you probably need the XVID codec, its the newest divx codec

you can get it at divx-digest.com

now you owe me sex if it works
so i'm leaning back a little in the picture.

it still doesn't work. & i downloaded divx last night too & that didn't work either. i'm gonna try the other thing you said.

[Image: turlteneck.bmp]

Edited By drusilla on 1046921052
If that doesn't work download this player

VLC player

If that doesn't play it your file might be corrupted
i have no idea what i'm doing
Download that player, it plays pretty much any type of media file, so if it doesn't work with that your file is most likely corrupted.

What is the file btw and where did you get it?
nothing important, just that this shit happens a lot with downloads & it pissed me off
The wave of disappointment that washed over me when dru's picture wouldn't load, I right-clicked it to open it in it's own window, and saw that it was called "turtleneck." :disappointed:
Get the VLC player, it's probablly the best thing I've ever downloaded, it even plays bin files. It was developed by a bunch of students who got sick and tired of downloading 50 million codecs to get a file to play.
The pic works fine for me :clueless:
Just took awhile, I grew impatient. :-D
sorry danked, that's all i have. i'm not one for showing off the goods completely.

yeah, it says it performed an illegal operation & shuts down whenever i try to open the file.
Then your file is most likely corrupted
poopy
Sorry Undecided
Pages: 1 2 3