CDIH

Full Version: Weird Nero/Roxio problem.... - I can't figure this one out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seem to have difficulty brining music CD's from MP3's in Disc-at-once format, and it happens with Nero as well as Roxio EZCD. When I try to burn this way, a test burn works fine, but when it goes to the actual burn, it reads the first track, and then hangs - I let it hang for nearly an hour before I CTRL-ALT-DEL'ed it off (which still required me to hard-boot to remove the cd from the tray, and of course the CD is now useless). If I burn Track-At-Once it burns fine - but I have to deal with the 2 second gap between songs. Once I change that gap to 0 seconds the program changes to Disc-At-Once, and it still hangs.

I have tried several different song files, as well as MP3 and WAV - and I get the same results. I updated Nero to the latest build and I don't know the Roxio build offhand (I'm at work) but its a fairly new build as there is a DVD-burn option (which is grayed out for e, as I only have a CDRW drive).

Am I missing something here? A scan of both of their support pages turned up nothing, and I haven't received a response from either company via email. Thoughts?
Maybe burn at a slower speed? That does sound odd though..
I tried every speed, it's a 12X drive and I usually burn tunes at 6x or 8x. Nothing worked, however :-(
I just needed to update the drive's firmware. I had done it once before, but I recently reinstalled XP Pro on this machine, and I kinda forgot to do the firmware. Alls well now :thumbs-up:
I was gonna say that. I was just going through something simular with my Roxio CD Creator 5 and windows ME. I'm glad I saw this thread because now I know I am not totally crazy. :thumbs-up:
you're only a little crazy ;-)
Awww, you noticed. :loveya: