CDIH

Full Version: Skipping and Popping Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
for some strange reason, since yesterday afternoon, all sounds that play on my pc speed up, slow down, pop, and skip. but the weird thing is, is that it doesnt happen when i turn the computer on, it takes a while before it starts fuck up.

the sound was doing this on a few programs a few months ago, but it was because total recorder was taking over the sound mixing. i checked everything, and all the sound output is controlled by my soundblaster live card.

this whole thing is really annoying.
have you installed anything new recently? even a new game?
an extra hard drive and a windows update. i thought the windows update was what did it so i did a system restore but theres still a problem
try installing the newest SB drivers, I had a popping in Winamp 2.8 and after I upped them it went away.
Maybe it's Gremlins. We are going to war soon.
Quote:try installing the newest SB drivers
fucking thing keeps saying that there isnt any sound blaster card on my system.
Try uninstalling your drivers for the card then reinstalling with the original disk THEN installing the new updates. :thumbs-up:
i like that idea. im gonna do that tomorrow because im tired now
Quote:fucking thing keeps saying that there isnt any sound blaster card on my system.

the driver install app? that's not good. Weird is right, but also make sure that you remove the card from your Device Manager as well (though according to what you're saying, it should'nt be there but I'll bet it is). It also might be a good idea to (once you remove everything and power down) open the case and remove/reseat the card in the PCI slot - it might've come a little loose or something, which could also be causing you a problem. Also check to make sure the audio cable is well connected to your CD Drive(s).

If that doesn't work, just take a sledgehammer to it - that always works.
i think you're forgetting that the sound works fine for about an hour...so i dont think the card is loose, or it would be fucked up the whole time. im thinking its some program thats screwing it up, but i have no idea which program
ok...i think i know whats doing it, but i have no clue why...

whenever i save a song as an mp3 in Fruity Loops, the sound gets fucked. but i can use the program just fine otherwise. and the mp3 comes out perfect...but for some reason, it causes the sound to skip when i save them.

edit: nevermind, its still working. i must have been imagining things or something

Edited By QuickStop on 1048036121