CDIH

Full Version: iPod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I got an iPod for my birthday and I'm trying to figure out how to shuffle the music on it. I went into the settings and chose shuffle...songs but it just plays a folder and ends.

Theres very little documentation packaged with the thing, and what they explain is sparse. Can someone enlighten me on how to shuffle the music on my iPod?
rtfm
i want one
i just told you the manual doesnt say anything about this.
<table style=filter:glow(color=green)>The Jays</table> smacks <table style=filter:glow(color=green)>Keyser Soze</table> with a smelly iPod.
setting - shuffle- shuffle ON
don't use folders...
rtfm again
ok i think i figured it out. it only shuffles playlist songs. so when you transfer your music to the iPod you can't just transfer the music, you have to make it a playlist first.

at least i think thats how it works, the manual makes no mention of any of this. i'm losing any respect i had for apple from a distance after purchasing my first product from their company. the iPod itself however, rocks.
i'm getting an error when i try to update my iPod software to 1.2.6

i get the error if i try the software on apples website or when i try updating it through iPlay.

any suggesstions?
Quote:so when you transfer your music to the iPod you can't just transfer the music, you have to make it a playlist first.
no, you can transfer just as music. if you have it on shuffle it will shuffle whatever you have chosen from the browse menu.
or you can do playlists and shuffle those. either way.
as to the new software, why bother?
fix my status.
the new software extends the battery life by a substantial amount.

anyone using xPlay with their iPod?

Edited By Keyser Soze on 1049748994
no thanks for the rest of my post? 33
your answer was not detailed enough. chris "hummercash" filled me in on how to shuffle properly.

you cannot shuffle from inside a folder. you must be in the BROWSE > ALL > ALL section to do it. thats essentially what was screwing me up. thanks chris.
dont ever ask me for fantasy baseball info you ungrateful cur.
whats a cur?
cur ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kûr)
n.
A dog considered to be inferior or undesirable; a mongrel.
A base or cowardly person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English curre, perhaps of Scandinavian origin. See ger-2 in Indo-European Roots.]
i'm impressed at the creativity of your ridicule sir. good times, good times indeed!