CDIH

Full Version: Brock & Stone Cold Speculation Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm bored so I thought I would start this thread.

Lesnar, by the way he landed, should either be dead or pulling up a wheelchair next to Droz. He is so lucky that he has such a big strong neck. The look in his eyes after the match when Angle went to hug him leads me to believe that at minimum he has a concussion. I would guess that his neck will be in no condition to wrestle for a while though, if he doesn't require surgery.

As for Austin, that match got rushed. After the second Rock Bottom, Austin was in serious pain. I really expected Goldberg to come out to aid Austin and set up his feud with Rock but then it seemed as though the ending was changed on the fly and that they tried to get it over with as soon as possible. I think he probably just bruised his hip but it could be worse.
I really hope Lesnar was just dazed and this isn't anything serious, although I wouldn't be surprised if he's next in line to get neck surgery.
If they do lose him, Smackdown is fucked. With Angle leaving for his surgery, the only other person who could carry that brand is Benoit and the WWE has made it abundantly clear they don't want him as their champ. Oh God, I just thought of something. What if Lesnar is hurt and they put the belt on Hogan?!?! :-(

As far as Austin goes, yeah it was apparant his injury was real. How serious though it's hard to tell. He was able to walk the ramp, but you could see how slow he was going and at his age he may not be able to bounce back as quickly if this is serious.

Here's a question for all wrestling fans. Do you recall there ever being this many injuries, one after the other, in the history of any federation? I sure as Hell don't. Sure wrestlers got hurt in the past, but nowadays they are dropping like flies. There have been 6 or 7 major neck surgeries in the past 2 years alone. Something is seriously wrong here.

Edited By King Imp on 1049091414
I totally agree with ya. Seems everytime someone is coming back from surgery....another person goes in. Benoit, Rhyno, Kanyon back from injuries Edge, Orton, Batista, etc go in...wtf ???
Lesnar was a moron for trying that move. If Angle had been closer, then maybe he could have done it, but as far away as Angle was, that was just a suicide move.

I didn't catch the Stone Cold thing and no sites are reporting him being injured.
Lesner had a bruise on his forehead when Kurt went to hug him...that move just looked so painful...
lesnar is insane...he is crazy talented, but i can't believe he tried to commit suicide on a ppv like that! lets just hope he is ok...

ok, my problems with last night are:

why oh why did hbk win?? he wrestles once a month? what does this help? is he losing his smile again?
what does giving the rock the win do? sure austin got hurt, but does rock deserve a win so he can go away for another 6 months?
why did we have to watch that catfight? and all that led up to it? couldn't that time have gone to the cruiser match?

thats not a lot to complain about in a 4 hour ppv...but come on, 5 minutes for the cruisers, while the catfight girls get 20? please
Quote:what does giving the rock the win do?

I really think the Rock was supposed to lose, but the way the "injury" happened, I don't think there was much of a choice and a quick decision was made to give it to the Rock. Did ya notice how Stone Cold literally got pinned and didn't move for a good 5 minutes? The Rock even hammed it up longer, looked at Austin a few times, hammed it up more, etc.

I'm with you on the catfight, that was just horrible and totally unneeded. It reminded me of the GGW special that Coach did, but with a lot less nakedness. That special, by the way, wasn't bad only because Snoop Dog was a judge and he had some of the funniest lines ever.
i know what you are saying about the injury goat...but when austin got the "stinger" from owen a few years back after that majorly botched pile driver, he still was able to roll him up schoolboy style to get the win...something like that would have been possible dontcha think??
I guess it's possible, but maybe the injury was too intense - like I said, he didn't even move after the pin, for a good few minutes even. Either way, I hope it's nothing too serious, 'cause it sure as Hell is nice to have him back.
Where's the Booker T leg injury speculation? Trips/Booker's match ended early. I think the Stone Cold/Rock match ended the way it was supposed to.
Yeah I didn't see austin being really injured or anything.

Lesnar definetly was lucky yesterday, he is lucky to not be paralyzed or even dead after a move like that. Angle's quick thinking of rolling away at the last second sold him a tad to the crowd I think, that he didnt fuck up but angle rolled out. But the people in the front rows could tell, I saw some people just jaws dropped holding their heads in shock.
Just so you know, Lesnar has done this move many, many times....I think it even was his finisher in OVW, I didn't see enough of his matches there to make that call though. The problem is he hasn't done it in ages and was visibly tired, sadly he'll probablly never get another chance to do it, which sucks because when he hits it it is a thing of beauty.
that's the point though, as gooch pointed out, angle was too far away and he hasn't done the move in a while now.
He could've been closer, but Brock always did the move from that distance, he is incredibly agile but he can't jump as high as say Kidman so he needs the person to be further away for the move to work
Rock went over so that he can job to Goldberg and put him over.
The rash of neck injuries may be attributed to the emphasis on actual wrestling and sicker spots . More german suplexes, more holds, more high flying and more gimmick matches. Ever since the sucess of TLC, there is an increase in getting more spots and bumps into matches than necessary.