CDIH

Full Version: Upcoming sequels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are quite a number of sequels in the works, some sound ok and good, some sound horrible.

The sequel to fight club sounds like the worst idea though. Recently author Chuck Palinhuk was talking about how un-happy he is about the upcoming sequel. He says that he nor David Fincher are involved in the project and Neil Purvis (Die Another Day) is set to start writing the first draft of the screenplay. Chuck is quoted as saying "horrible, horrible idea. The book and movie are stand-alone projects and a sequel is nearly impossible especially in the hands of Neil Purvis." Tim Pope (The Crow: City Of Angels) is directing. It is unsure of the film will get a theatrical release or go STV. Neil Purvis said he's planning on incorporating TYLER DURDEN into the screenplay by means of FLASHBACKS and HALLUNCINATIONS! OF course Ed Norton, Helena Bonham Carter or Brad Pitt won't be involved.

Then you have the sequel to Oceans Eleven, also sounds like a bad idea to me. The first one was good but now I think its gonna start getting ridiculous.

2fast2furious, no vin diesel, no point. The 1st one wasn't all that great anyway.

xXx 2 - vin diesel, but I doubt this is the next james bond series like diesel believes it will be. It was packed with wall to wall action but it wasn't anything special and pretty outrageous.

T3 - This woulda been a great movie probably 5 or maybe 7 years ago. Arnold just isn't Arnold anymore, topping T2 even though its over a decade old is gonna be pretty tough.

Then you have your big sequels, spider-man 2, star wars episode 3, and the final installment of LoTR due out in december of this year.
Just this summer you got:
XMen2-can't wait
Dumb and Dumberer-looks awful
Matrix 2-can't wait
Legally Blonde 2-COuld be funny
T3-has potential
Charlie's Angels 2-should be good
Bad Boys 2-Looks funny. Liked the first one
Tomb Raider 2-saw the preview. Did not look bad.
American Pie 3- Could be funny

Edited By Teenweek on 1049376446
I know, yesterday at work we got flooded with the originals to many of the above movies. So to make a section for movies which have sequels coming out.

Bad boys 2 - I been waitin for, for a long time.
Quote:Bad boys 2 - I been waitin for, for a long time.

same here - I just hope is doesn't suck. I read that Bruckheimer said there's a car chase (with a Hummer, I think) that he said will blow away any car chase we have ever seen on film - even better than the one in The Rock (which I thought was a great movie). Anyway, Bruckheimer and Bay are well known for grandiose movies, but what made Bad Boys great was the natural interaction between Smith and Lawrence - if that buddy-buddy feeling isn't the same in this one, I don't think it'll be as good.

Spidey 2 should be a good time, Doctor Octopus was always one of my favorite bad guys when I was into SM comics - and with Raimi at the helm, I have no worries.

The Matrix 2 & 3, from what I am reading and seeing, are shaping up to be amazing. It's been said that the first one brought the concept of "bullet time" to movies, and while that was groundbreaking at the time, the SFX have been stepped up way higher than that.

T3 - I don't know, I'd have a lot more confidence if Cameron was directing it. Arnold is old, and he's really starting to look it.

X2 - I didn't hate the first one, but I didn't really love it either. I used to be a huge comic-book reader collector when I was a kid, and I used to love the X-Men. The movie didn't really do much for me, though. I'll probably end up seeing it.

LOTR, ROTK - will probably be the best movie this year, at least for me. It's the best part of the trilogy, and Jackson has stated many times that he has really had the most fun working on this part and also feels it is his best work (in comparing it to the other two).

Episode 3 - hmm, well we all know what happens, it's just a matter of how it's presented. ! was boring, 2 was better but it still seemed like it could've been better. Maybe he gets it right on the third try.

I'll probably go see Charlie's Angels 2 also because Drew showing off her cleavage is worth the $9 alone, plus you bot Bernie Mac in the picture - how bad can it be?

Vin Diesel needs to get to work on the Pitch Black sequels. xXx was alright, but not amazing.
Quote:XMen2-can't wait
Dumb and Dumberer-looks awful
Matrix 2-can't wait
Legally Blonde 2-COuld be funny
T3-has potential
Charlie's Angels 2-should be good
Bad Boys 2-Looks funny. Liked the first one
Tomb Raider 2-saw the preview. Did not look bad.
American Pie 3- Could be funny
but which one has the coolest poster?
bad boys 2 should be great considerin both will smith and martin lawrence funny as ballz....arnold is shot for t3...(jingle all the way says it all)... :17:
whatever happened to the sequel to my cousin vinny that was supposed to happen a while back....and dont forget about this fall the battle between jason and freddy kreuger will take place for the battle of Hell...and is kevin smith comin out with another installment to the new jersey series?
Quote:will smith and martin lawrence funny as ballz

I bet that's columbia's promo campaign for the movie.
We have the most excellent Seven sequel to look forward to

I'm sure it will be amazing
No brad pitt for se7en or fight club, I'm surprised they re-hired Hopkins for red dragon, its not like anyone cared about him I mean they had such a strong script.
I say we start remaking movies with monkeys

Oh come on it'd be funny

And I still think your Jack in the bathroom for 2 hours is a brilliant idea
Ok...

ready?

New reality show.

No rules, no writers, no producers, no directors, no outside interference.

Just two people locked in the house, with 60 cameras or so throughout the house.

Jack Nicholson and Mike Tyson.

thank you, have a goodnight.
It would make millions

And Mike would probablly do it, he's such a whore for money
How great would have anger management been with Tyson in place of Sandler?
I'm going to have to ask you to retard your anger

I'm gonna punch you in the face and eat your children if you call me retarded again
I like sleeping in the nude.

That line got me 3 years once, I ain't fallin for it again.
Quote:is kevin smith comin out with another installment to the new jersey series?
Jersey Girl is the name of his upcoming movie, but the jersey trilogy (of 5 movies) is over. the characters of jay and silent are gone, supposedly
wow that blows quikstop :7: aight but yo wat if we just do like wat they did in GTA3...the trailer for cannibal survivor...only make this one real...bunch of ppl and whoever gets voted of gets eaten...big during sweeps week
QuickStop > Jay & Silent Bob
We can also look forward to a Barbershop sequel
Barbershop sequel...o great thats just what the world needs, another movie making fun of white people, expanding urban culture, and having some family values moral at the end....like soul food
Pages: 1 2