CDIH

Full Version: Field Day Festival
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got an e-mail from one of my friends this morning that Radiohead would be playing this festival. Then I heard the commercial this morning... :firebounce:

Quote:
Capitol
K-Rock Present Field Day - A Two Day Music, Arts And Camping Festival
Saturday, June 7th & Sunday June 8th
Enterprise Park at Calverton. Calverton, NY (70 Miles East of New York City on the North Fork of Long Island).

Saturday, June 7th
Radiohead, Beck, Underworld, Thievery Corporation, Spiritualized, Interpol, Dashboard Confessional, Beth Orton, Liz Phair, Tortoise, Thursday, The Raveonettes, My Morning Jacket, Ben Lee, Gemma Hayes, 22-20s

Sunday, June 8th
Beastie Boys, Sigur Ros, Blur, The Roots, The Streets, Elliott Smith, N.E.R.D., Luna, Blackalicious, The Sea & Cake, Le Tigre, Peanut Butter Wolf, Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players, The Polyphonic Spree, The Music, Particle, Ours

Tickets on sale now here at 10AM To 92 Free Card holders ONLY! (Pre-sale ends 9PM Thursday (4/17) night) or Friday, (4/18) at 10AM at ticketmaster charge-by-phone, ticketmaster.com and fielddayfest.com only. Tickets will not be available at ticketmaster outlets.

Single Day Passes: $65.00 per day plus applicable service charges, offer valid until May 1st or while supplies last. Two Day Passes: $120.00, Two Day Pass with camping: $150.00.

Edited By Danked on 1050587237
I'm goin! :thumbs-up:
Field Day.. I remember that.. When I was in elementary school, we had a Field Day which consisted of the kids playing games and running around outside. no school work what so ever. those were the days.
Quote:Group Camps
What is this? This is our challenge to you: the place where you get to make Field Day your own event, show off your creativity, have fun with old friends and make new friends! We invite you to get creative and actively participate in contributing to what Field Day is to become. Create your own ambience or visual landscape; provide an activity or your own communal space for others to enjoy. This can be as simple or complex as you want it to be, you are only limited by your imagination!

To reserve a space for your Group Camp, you must first purchase tickets. Then, please email us at groupcamps@fielddayfest.com and tell us more: What are the dimensions of your camp? What are you planning to do? Will you be hosting activities? Do you prefer quiet surroundings or want to be in the thick of it? Etc?.

Any ideas for some sort of art installation or creating some communal activity where people can gather? If we get enough people from here to go I think this could be a cool excuse for them to allow us a larger area to congregate.
I'd be into going Saturday if they cut the price in half at least
Undecided i wish i wasnt poor.
Yeah, I would so love to go, but I can't afford it. I've outgrown the whole camping/festival experience too. There's a brief European tour after Radiohead's new album comes out. As far as I know, there's more dates to be announced after that tour but they haven't said where or if it'll be in the US.
theres only 2 bands on each day that i want to see.

way too expensive for just 2 bands.
thursday is playing??!!?!?!!:?!?!!?$U!JL>$RJKWDFFJ>sdakl;gjasdlg,.TI
too much money.

besides i get to see thursday in 5 days in a better venue anyway :5:
the 65 is worth it for liz phair alone.
I am a bit surprised that Thursday would play a festival that costs 65$ a day.
Because it's a good gig that will expose them to a bigger audience

And 65 for that many bands isn't bad, the cheapest I've ever gone to a concert for was 10 bucks for one band, so add that up and factor in what some of those bands charge for just one show and it's a Hell of a deal
Dope - $5 :5:
Quote:Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players

Worth the money all by themselves
Quote:Because it's a good gig that will expose them to a bigger audience

And 65 for that many bands isn't bad, the cheapest I've ever gone to a concert for was 10 bucks for one band, so add that up and factor in what some of those bands charge for just one show and it's a Hell of a deal
I have no problem with them doing it, it's just that they stated that this coming tour, they will focus on playing smaller venues with more intimate settings. And yea, Radiohead concerts are usually like 40-50 bucks, so it's not outlandish that this festival would be 65, but big outdoor festivals are kinda lame anyway.
I used to be able to handle three day festivals, but I'm just tired. I can't do it anymore. A bunch of friends and I were going to go to Bonaroo and some other stuff this year until we came to the realization that we can't afford that kind of stuff anymore and the whole travelling/camping/using portapotties thing just wasn't fun anymore. I'm done.

We may go to Gathering of the Vibes though. :15:
I love all day festivals, can't wait for Ozzfest
I'd prefer a small show with 4 bands, to a big fancy festival. DIY 4 LIFE!!
small shows = better sound

festivals are more for hanging out, getting drunk/high, enjoying the weather. music is just the backdrop.
Pages: 1 2