CDIH

Full Version: Grammys - Care?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, the Grammys just flat out suck. Now what if we could actually pick who deserved to win. I know, i know, its about the art, its not about winners or losers. Well whose work stood out in your mind in the following categories in 2002?

Album Of The Year - Amnesiac, Radiohead - wasn't a disappointment to me, just another great effort from a group continuing to push sonic boundaries, honorable mention Weezer - "Weezer aka the green album" and Nas - Stillmatic

Song Of The Year : Toxicity - System Of A Down, maybe cause its the freshest song that I dug this past year but it seems to represent some of 9/11 to me and has the right combination of melody and rage for me, honorable mention One Mic- Nas

Best New Artist : Coldplay, when im in the mood for some soothing 'pussy' music as some might call it, this is the shit i love to chill to, these blokes touch me in that special place. honorable mention Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Best Alternative Album : Tool - Lateralus, not their best but still way out of the league of much of what was put out this past year. honorable mention At The Drive In - Relationship On Command

Best Rap Album : Nas - Stillmatic, Jay-Z started a beef he couldnt possibly finish, you dont come to a gunfight with a spork. Didnt seem like he could ever top Illmatic but he just did. honorable mention Outkast - Stankonia

Feel free to add and create your own categories.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 27 2002 at 10:02
Nothing worse than a bunch of self-serving celebrities rewarding each other.
Jeepers, didn't I see this exact post at RF.net?
IkeaBoy Wrote:Jeepers, didn't I see this exact post at RF.net?
you fight like a bitch
IkeaBoy Wrote:Jeepers, didn't I see this exact post at RF.net?
Yeah, what Arpi said.
Best of the Grammy's 2002

-Alan Jackson getting a standing ovation after performing, "Where Were You(When the World Stopped Turning)
-Christina Aguilera having a sandwich or 2 since she's been seen last and showing some ass-cheeks while doing Lady Marmalade
-U2's performance of "Walk On" to open the show
-Ray Romano and Kevin James skit which ended with James throwing Romane across the stage when he threatened to give away his George Foreman grill.
-The horror on the face of JaRule, Jamie Foxx and Pamela Anderson when their presentation monologue went nowhere

Worst of Grammy 2002
-Patti Labelle being resorted to screaming and screeching instead of actually singing lady marmalade
-Destiny's Child singing in spanish(The clock can't reach 15:00 fast enough for these 3 cunts)
-Alicia Keys talking. She never shuts the fuck up and she dedicates her award to "believing in herself"...what the fuck???
-Bob Dylan singing something from his new cd, no clue what the words were, from his performance, neither did he.
-The horror on the face of JaRule, Jamie Foxx and Pamela Anderson when their presentation monologue went nowhere
Faceman Wrote:Best of the Grammy's 2002

-Alan Jackson getting a standing ovation after performing, "Where Were You(When the World Stopped Turning)

Alan Jackson is a redneck moron. My favorite line of that hick's song is....

"and I don't know the difference between Iran and Iraq"

Well maybe thats because you're a lemming backwoods jackass!!!

followed by...

"But I know Jesus and I talk to God"

...great, lets turn this into a my God versus your God thing, which is likely what got us into this whole mess in the first place.

Faceman Wrote:Christina Aguilera having a sandwich or 2 since she's been seen last and showing some ass-cheeks while doing Lady Marmalade

Dude, now she finally is hotter than Britney.

Faceman Wrote:Ray Romano and Kevin James skit which ended with James throwing Romane across the stage when he threatened to give away his George Foreman grill.

...even better when Alicia Keys asked if she could have the grill, Kevin James replied "dont make me throw you"

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 28 2002 at 4:29
i agree. that song sucks. sentimental sappy crap
Arpikarhu Wrote:you fight like a bitch
you've never seen me in battle.
Quote:Destiny's Child singing in spanish(The clock can't reach 15:00 fast enough for these 3 cunts)
Then you'll love this Facey, saw in an interview on VH1 last night, someone actually allowed them to make solo albums!!! So now we don't just have to hear them harmonize badly, they get to sing badly by themselves..in 3 different albums...aren't you excited! :bouncer: Rolleyes
IkeaBoy Wrote:
Arpikarhu Wrote:you fight like a bitch
you've never seen me in battle.
the fact that you call it battle shows what a bitch you are
Quote:Alan Jackson is a redneck moron

Hey everyone's entitled to their opinion. Myself, I think guys like Nas and Jay-Z talking shit to each other and trying to "one-up" each other on albums is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life. There's nothing quite as assanine as a "who's got a bigger dick" contest played out over cds. Who gives a shit, rap sucks anyway, end of discussion.

and spit thats ok. They can all go their seperate ways, ask Andrew Ridgley how that worked out for him

Edited By Faceman on Feb. 28 2002 at 4:35
Faceman Wrote:

Hey everyone's entitled to their opinion. Myself, I think guys like Nas and Jay-Z talking shit to each other and trying to "one-up" each other on albums is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life. There's nothing quite as assanine as a "who's got a bigger dick" contest played out over cds. Who gives a shit, rap sucks anyway, end of discussion.

and spit thats ok. They can all go their seperate ways, ask Andrew Ridgley how that worked out for him
This might be true, but I think Nas is a hell of alot more intelligent than a guy who admits being ignorant.

I'm not sure where or why you made that particular comparison. Are Outkast and Nelly more your flavor?

Quote:Who gives a shit, rap sucks anyway, end of discussion.

Way to break those stereotypes. I happen to really like Willie Nelson & Johnny Cash as well as Nas, Jay-Z, Public Enemy, Outkast and countless other Rap/Hip-Hop artists. Try opening your mind a little my friend, theres some really good rap music out there if you stop trying to lump everyone into the same category.
Im not trying to "prove any stereotypes". I just don't like rap, well hardcore rap let's say. I do owe the nelly cd if you must know. Call me inconsistant if you will, but if guys like jay-z, nas, redmon, and others of their like come on the tv, I just turn it off. Now does that mean I'm not open minded? Let's see, I enjoy NIN, Linkin Park, Tool, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Charlotte Church, Sarah Brightman, Andrea Bocelli, Slipknot, Poison, Natalie Merchant, Sarah mclachlin, and shakira...to name a few. I don't think that's closed minded musically, do you?

edit:Oh I forgot to mention that Im also a fan of Frank Sinatra, Squirrel Nut Zipper and Louie Prima

Edited By Faceman on Feb. 28 2002 at 4:58
Faceman Wrote:Im not trying to "prove any stereotypes". I just don't like rap, well hardcore rap let's say. I do owe the nelly cd if you must know.
Do you have MC Young's "Bust A Move" too? I guess you stopped listening to Hammer when he went 'hardcore' around the 'pumps and a bump' era.
BTW,

Way to break the "all country guys are rednecks" stereotype
Keyser Soze Wrote:
Faceman Wrote:Im not trying to "prove any stereotypes". I just don't like rap, well hardcore rap let's say. I do owe the nelly cd if you must know.
Do you have MC Young's "Bust A Move" too? I guess you stopped listening to Hammer when he went 'hardcore' around the 'pumps and a bump' era.
You mean Young MC?
Faceman Wrote:BTW,

Guilty as charged. Then again, shouldn't you be aiming that toward Mr. Get A Map Jackson?

Quote:Myself, I think guys like Nas and Jay-Z talking shit to each other and trying to "one-up" each other on albums is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life. There's nothing quite as assanine as a "who's got a bigger dick" contest played out over cds

Aren't you a wrestling fan?

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 28 2002 at 6:32
Keyser Soze Wrote:
Faceman Wrote:BTW,

Guilty as charged. Then again, shouldn't you be aiming that toward Mr. Get A Map Jackson?

Quote:Myself, I think guys like Nas and Jay-Z talking shit to each other and trying to "one-up" each other on albums is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life. There's nothing quite as assanine as a "who's got a bigger dick" contest played out over cds

Aren't you a wrestling fan?
Dude, its a song. I'm sure he knows where Iraq and Iran are man. Just like I'm sure jay-z doesn't really think you put izzo in every word.

Secondly, guys playing a role in wrestling is a lot different than rappers who take their "reps" to life and death consequences(read:2pac and biggie)
Pages: 1 2