CDIH

Full Version: Electronic kits - anyone know where to find some good ones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I was younger, my father bought me a Heathkit Digital Clock. The clock comes in pieces, such as resistors, transistors, diodes, switches, etc. And you would have to solder them into the circuit board. My clock still works too after 15 years!

Does anyone know where to find good kits like this anymore? Maybe not as basic as clocks but something along the lines of soldering pieces together to make something.
You might want to try any local hobby or craft stores near you. There's a chain in NJ that I know of called Pearl (at least there's one there, in Woodbridge) that has kits similar to what youre describing. I remember when kits like these were easily found in a Toys R Us.
toys r us would have the kits that have the wires that go between springs.. those are for younger people.. i was looking for more hands on work..

Pearl huh?? Maybe I will check them out..
I think they have them, I know they had "Build Your Own Clock" kits and stuff the last time I went (about a month ago). If anything, call them first.