CDIH

Full Version: Audio problems, specifically earphones. - switching headphones from right to left
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I use headphones at work to listen to music, etc.. So I usually just use the left earphone and leave the right out so if someone calls me, i can hear it.

but my left one broke and unrepairable.. so I now stick the right earphone in my left ear. Come to find out, i can't listen to some of my songs because they were in stereo and most of the sound came from the left earphone.

Is there anyway to switch the earphones (right to left and left to right)? Or is there a way to just convert all of them to mono, instead of stereo?
can't you move the balance all to the left, or right, or whatever side you want

Edited By HedCold on 1052761393
I'm not at a machine where I have access to look up what exactly you need to do, but if you go into the control panel and either into the sounds or multimedia (Can't remember which off the top of my head) and search around a bit you should find a setting to invert stereo.

Or you could just spend the 10 bucks and buy a new set of headphones.
in the volume control theres a bar to shift the volume. move it to the side you need
get an air can and blow out your scuzzi. works for me! :thumbs-up:
Or just stab someone in the eye.
the balance just lowers the volume in one ear. i want all the sound to go to one earphone.

inverting the stereo? i didn't find anything.. I tried buying new phones but they all suck.. these kick butt.
since the original source is stereo, the only way to get the sound to come out the other side is to change your settings to invert stereo - this should be in your soundcard's software settings. Or, you could either go out and buy a set of mono headphones which would convert the stereo tunes into mono - or just buy a new pair of headphones just like the ones you were using and wear them as you have been.
Quote:Or just stab someone in the eye.
this could prove to be very effective as well, try it first.
nothin'.. i can't find anything about inverting the stereo.. i went to the company's website and it says go to the computer manufacturer.. what would they know???

it looks like I am stuck.. crap..
Quote:Or just stab someone in the eye.
way to tie it all together. i laughed out loud.
I find it to be quite an effective stress reliever.