CDIH

Full Version: bittorrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeah the 3 sites i had bookmarked arent working either
good
thanks !
explain these torrents
galt already got me with this act Confusedneak:
still waiting for an explanation
a place to download movies, music, and tv shows. :thumbs-up:
It's not a place, it's a means
do you need a special program or anything to download these goodies?
you download a small add on type thing to internet explorer
Quote:Bit Torrent is a noncommercial tool for distributing files. It's extremely easy to use. Downloads are started just by clicking on hyperlinks. Downloaders get pieces of the file from the original server, and from anyone else who is downloading. The more people there are downloading the same thing, the lower the burden on the central server, and the faster everyone's downloads get, due to sharing with each other. The more, the merrier!

more can be found here. I've used it a few times, but I don't care for it and it's really only useful if you're trying to get a file that's new or semi-new. If you try to get a copy of LOTR:The Two Towers, it'll either take forever or not at all.
bittorent is great, but remember, it sucks bandwith. while you are downloading, it might affect your web browsing, etc.
That's why I use the experimental version: BitTorrent EXPERIMENTAL download client; you can throttle up or down the rate, so that you can do other things if you want. It has worked fine for me.

Also remember that with bittorent you are also uploading the same file at same time you are downloading. not dangerous (I think), but affects bandwith.
This is why you run it at night when you don't need the web :thumbs-up: