CDIH

Full Version: The Sales Tax Increase - aka Give More For Less
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So the sales tax increased this weekend, and it's going to go up again this week to a final 8.625%. Is anyone else planning on doing more of their shopping in NJ? I've been going over-the-border for clothes and major purchases as it is, but I think I'll be doing pretty much all of my shopping over there.

I also think that they should've left the "no tax on clothing < $110" law in place - it would've made a bad deal a little bit better.
Bloomberg gives all scum-sucking money-grubbing Jews a bad name.
I read in the paper today that people were complaining, and as usual his reaction was "people just need to accept it and deal with it" - it amazes me that he really thinks he'll be re-elected for another term.
[Image: bloomberg-pot.jpg]

This potsmoking, , cigarette banning, jennifer lopez ass loving nazi extremist sucks dick. Since he has been mayor, I proudly accept my living in New Jersey.
well, I agree with everything except the pot smoking - there's nothing wrong smokin' a bowl once in a while :fuggin:
Quote:Bloomberg gives all scum-sucking money-grubbing Jews a bad name.
yeah cause its his fault 2 planes smacked into the world trade center and that the economy tanked at the same time. its all his fault that albany is fucking NYC for billions of dollars and that government spending skyrocketed when things were good. by law he has to come up with a balanced budget and has no money to do it.

yes, that is all bloombergs fault.

people are so goddamn ignorant!
did anyone see this weekend, the ny legislature passed a law that require new yorkers who make online purchases from out of state to declare the value of what you bought so you can pay ny state sales tax on the items.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.
it's not his fault, but at the same time he thinks that people should be understandiung when he essentially says "you'll pay more and get less overall - so suck it up and stop whining". There's been talk of reducing sanitation pickups in almost all neighborhoods by 1 pickup - by me, they come twice a week and not only are prissy (cans have to be on the street, not on the curb) they're choosy in what they'll take (sometimes they'll take all kinds of bulk, other times they wont). If it gets cut down to once a week, they're gonna be even more annoyed at the volume of trash they have to deal with, not to mention less hours - and it'll all filter down to the residents, because we'll get stuck with trash that's either not picked up or flagged for some stupid recycling violation that noone ever cared about before.

And another thing - these increases/cuts are supossed to help fill the budget holes. Do you really the newly increased sales tax will ever be reduced - even if we meet all budgetary obligations? I don't think so. I also don't see property taxes going down anytime soon - he's driving people away from the city. He can talk about the resiliency and drive of the common New Yorker all he wants, but if saving money and being able to afford a better QOL for myself and my family is as easy as relocating over a bringe, I'll do it.
Quote:he thinks that people should be understandiung when he essentially says "you'll pay more and get less overall - so suck it up and stop whining".
people should understand. economy up= more money, more services. economy down= less money, less services.
what do you propose he do?. the state is screwing the city out of billions of dollars. bloomberg has nothing to do with this. he has to, by law, balance a budget. where do you propose he get t he money? people love to blame him because he is the front man and because people are stupid. he is cutting government size and services and raising taxes. that is all he can do. remember, there is tons he cant cut because it of the services created by the state legislator that the city has to provide at its own expense. alot of pork created by state senators with the knowledge that the state didnt have to pay for it.
<<<<<<<<<------livez in Jersey

3% sales tax in many areas of Jersey
though you may want to carry pepper spray and a tazer
the sales tax thing doesn't bother me so much. if anything i think it should've been the first thing they did, before making all the other cuts and stuff. people come to the city from all over just to go shopping, so i always thought it was kind of silly to not have sales tax on the stuff that tourists were spending money on. the rest of it all sucks though. i also heard they're cracking down on trash on the sidewalk and issuing a lot more fines to bars and restaurants who don't sweep up the cigarette butts often enough, and to people who put trash out that doesn't get picked up.

i understand he has to balance the budget, i just think that there are better ways to do it, or at least he could try to act a little more understanding about it. i dunno, the whole banning smoking thing was just a bad bad move that came at the worst possible time and i think compounds the dislike for the man that a lot of people have. it just seems like he's hitting the same group of people who are struggling over and over again.

incidentally, i heard somewhere that clinton was planning to run for mayor, did i make that up?
New York City is doomed. You can't raise the tax on cigarettes and then ban them from smoking them. Make up your Damn mind which one do you want?

More money or no smoking.

Then he went and got the fine for tickets doubled. Now everyone who can least afford the "hidden tax" ticket is getting slammed with them.

But there is no quota, just productivity standards. Sounds like a fucking quota to me.

The Revolutionary War started over far less. When are people going to do something about it?
Quote:i dunno, the whole banning smoking thing was just a bad bad move that came at the worst possible time and i think compounds the dislike for the man that a lot of people have.
yes , cause the billions of dollars that smokers incur on medicaid that has to be paid is a good thing. the single largest burden on the medicaid system is smokers.

Quote:Then he went and got the fine for tickets doubled. Now everyone who can least afford the "hidden tax" ticket is getting slammed with them.

But there is no quota, just productivity standards. Sounds like a fucking quota to me.
this is my favorite bitch. the increase in tickets. well, if you dont want a ticket, dont break the law. simple.

""wahhhh, i have to pay double for this parking ticket!"' "BOO HOO, I got a ticket for not recycling!".
easily solved, obey the law.
Quote:"BOO HOO, I got a ticket for not recycling!"
You guys get tickets for not separating your trash ?
yes.
Quote:well, if you don't want a ticket, don't break the law. simple.

I guess I'll just wait until you get hit with an unjust ticket for some bullshit reason. Then maybe it will change your tune. Doubtful, but maybe.
hook, line, and sinker.
Quote:I guess I'll just wait until you get hit with an unjust ticket for some bullshit reason.
its not about justice, its about the law, and lack of knowledge about the law is no excuse. refrain from evil doing and you will be ticket free!

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1054595726
:38:

Quote:its not about justice, its about the law, and lack og knowledge about the law is no excuse. refrain from evil doing and you will be ticket free!

[Robot drone]Yes, you are correct.[/Robot drone]

Thanks Bloomy Jr.
former cokehead
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6