CDIH

Full Version: most annoying game you ever played - me: the getaway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this game has so much potential. the storyline is great, the graphics rock. it's incredibly realistic. but the actual gameplay sucks major balls. the driving is kinda cool because the cars are all real and you can tell. the toyota's and lexuses/lexusi are the best. there's also fiats, mini's, london buses, fedex trucks etc... and apparently the layout is very real, although you never really get the chance to drive around enough to find out. the running around as a person stuff sucks major balls. you have handguns and when you pick up an ak47 or shotgun you have that til it runs out, but the movement itself is very clunky and the running upstairs is just plain comical. the missions themselves are frustrating at best. i rented this yesterday and i'm on mission 20 of 24. you have to do said missions straight through and only then do you get to run around the city with free will, which is basically useless since there's no onscreen map or any onscreen anything for that matter. you find your way around by the turn signals on the car. hopefully 2 will be better.

so, what games drive you up the wall?
Iron Storm. The only way to move around is by using the arrow keys. almost like the game was designed for lefties. and there was no way that I found to use wasd for movement.
The Getaway is an awesome game from a graphical standpoint, but yea the gameplay itself is annoying. It's like Vice City, but cleaned up and more serious.

Right now I'm playing Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory and it's annoying to me because in the control config, there's no "look up/look down" key bind, which pretty much forces me to use the mouse to look around (I primarilly use the mouse to shoot for precision - to have to look around makes for too much work in my opinion). It's also an exclusively online multiplayer (and it's free, for anyone interested) which at this stage of the game makes for way too many idiots who aren't familiar with the game log on to servers and just start shooting the place up - it's supposed to be a teamwork based game. It's addicting as Hell though, and so far noone has managed to figure out how to cheat, so that's a good thing.

Another game that drove me crazy was Jedi Knight 2 - again, a great game but the puzzle solving combined with multiple force powers just made for too annoying of an experience - especially when you had to combine the two to advance onto another level.
i agree.. the gameplay was horrible. sometimes i would want to go left and it would go right.. and vice versa.. but the driving is good but it is really weird because it's in england.. and that blinker crap sucks too!

i did complete the game though on ps2.. the ending is lame..

right now i am playing gta3, waiting for madden 2004 in august..
Quote:this stage of the game makes for way too many idiots who aren't familiar with the game
I know the fuel depot stage, but, the rest, I have no fn idea whats going on yet. I try and follow some schmuck who seems to know what they're doing. So far, I haven't found any really experienced people. Could be that the game just came out recently...
actually, the game has been out for almost 2 months, but as a beta - there were a few bugs in it, but mainly graphical - the gameplay, as far as I can tell, hasn't changed. It's still a great game, especially since it's free :banana:
Quote:actually, the game has been out for almost 2 months, but as a beta - there were a few bugs in it, but mainly graphical - the gameplay, as far as I can tell, hasn't changed. It's still a great game, especially since it's free
For the demo people..we only had depot to use. and theres still alot that needs to be done. I noticed alot of people getting some bullshit errors with punkbuster. and its still laggy as fuck on most servers. the only good thing I've noticed is that they put the voice chat buttons back the way they were before ...v21 v22 etc etc.
punkbuster is always a problem - it was buggy on RTCW, I see no reason why it shouldn't be now - I wish it weren't, though.

I haven't noticed any laggy servers, but I've been connecting to low-ping servers only. And it is nice that they fixed the chat keys, I was getting lost.

I've been playing only depot, since I know the map from the beta - but I've tried a few others. So far I'm diggin' it, I just really hate the control config :35:
The most annoying game I ever played was WaveRace 64. The game just sucked period and to top it off the announcer was the most annoying thing I have ever heard. Ugh... like nails on a chalkboard.
that game owned...youre a moron
waverace64 was fucking awesome!

the announcer was annoying as Hell but the game itself was superb.
old school console game:

the battle of olympus for the NES was THE MOST ANNOYING GAME EVER only because it was so goddamned difficult.
yeah that game did fucking rule
Socom :5:
I hated Max Payne, awful controls and terrible gameplay.

stupid ass bullet time, its fuckin slow motion.
Dragons Lair for NES. Worst Play control ever.
and Wave RAce 64 was amazing
Quote:Iron Storm. The only way to move around is by using the arrow keys. almost like the game was designed for lefties. and there was no way that I found to use wasd for movement.
Are you sure about that? I played, and finished that game, and I dont recall using the arrow keys. In fact, I would have given up If I had to use them.
Quote:Iron Storm. The only way to move around is by using the arrow keys. almost like the game was designed for lefties. and there was no way that I found to use wasd for movement.
didja ever think to slide the keyboard to the left a little so that the arrow keys were directly in front of your hand? i use the arrow keys on all my fps games that i play and just move the keyboard over... works like a charm.

.//chris
Worst game ever: The Jays pretends to be a pizza
Pages: 1 2