CDIH

Full Version: Radiohead @ The Beacon - Anyone going?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone going to see Radiohead @ The Beacon Theatre this Thursday night? Anyone have extra tickets?
I didn't hear about this. :7:
Fuck. They were for sale on their site on May 27 only. Not even a listing on Ticketmaster in the hope that they might have some on sale the day of.
i just bought a pair of lou reed tix from that site. thanks!
you are old
if you dont appreciate lou reed then you are not worth a pound of testicle sweat. fucking kids dont know shit!
when did i comment on lou reed?
dont play dumb with me you music ignoramus!
I've heard some of Lou Reed's stuff, and I didn't like it - I don't see the appeal.
alot of the music you like can be traced back directly to lou reed. ......you know what, forget it! if you dont have any sense of the history of the music you listen to , its not my job to school you. remain ignorant.
I have a lot more sense of the roots to the music I listen to you than you might think - just just because they might have laid the foundation for much of the modern rock, even metal, that is around today doesn't mean I have to like it. Hell, everyone is somewhat influenced by The Beatles, and I like them but only from Rubber Soul forward - their "Please Please Me" and "Meet The Beatles" shit was horrible.
:disappointed:
Quote:their "Please Please Me" and "Meet The Beatles" shit was horrible.
:35:
well it was! Everyone likes to say that they were amazing from the get-go, but they've even said themselves that they're not huge fans of those tunes, and that they didnt reach a comfort level with their songwriting until later on.
:fuckoff:
to each his own - Revolver kicks Meet the Beatles ass on so many levels.
sgt peppers kicks both their asses but it doesn't take away from each individual albums uniqueness and greatness.

Tell me that Lennons cover of "Twist and Shout" doesn't send shivers down your spine.
while I think it's a good version of it, it's not one that I have to let play if I catch it on the radio.I just never really cared for their early stuff. And while I don't like it, I can appreciate it for what it was, and at the time it was and what it eventually led the band to become - as a unit and on their own.

Paul and John both stated that when they decided to stop touring and do strictly studio work, one of the things they were looking forward to was not having to play all of those old songs anymore, mainly because they felt that had grown well beyond those tunes, and they didn't care for them anymore.
Lennon said a lot of stuff, later in life he said he hated everything about the Beatles. He was always about contradiction and getting a reaction, he just loved fucking with people cause he felt he had a superior intellect. He was arpi with talent.
Pages: 1 2 3