CDIH

Full Version: Is this summer gonna be a wash-out? - or will it kick in late?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So besides the seemingly unending rain wer'e having lately, the temperature has been unusually low for this time of yeat - I heard it's not gonna break 60 degrees today, and it's June 4th :35:

Now it might be a little early to start worrying, but when will the summer kick in? Will it happen overnight and then go away just as fast? I'm hoping it gets warm and stays warm through September. It would be nice if I could take advantage of my pool this year (especially since it'll be the first summer where I've actually owned my own pool).
when is the BBQ? we have to break the house in :banana:
we're due for an ice age or two
Goatweed. Get yourself one of those thermal covers for the pool. It looks like a huge sheet of bubble wrap. Pretty soon your pool will be hotter than the weather outside.
Quote:when is the BBQ? we have to break the house in

as soon as I can get the yard setup, it's on - the weather keeps delaying the contractors though.

Quote:Goatweed. Get yourself one of those thermal covers for the pool. It looks like a huge sheet of bubble wrap. Pretty soon your pool will be hotter than the weather outside.

it's on the list - I gotta get to the pool store and buy all kinds of chemicals anyway, but I haven't been able to filter the goddamn thing much because there's too much water in the pool due to the rain :fuckoff:

the water is surprisingly clear though, it just need a little vacuuming.
it's too cold for anything to grow in there yet

in ground/above ground? round/kindey bean? direct sun?
above ground, 15' x 30' oval, and for most of the day, it's in the direct sun. It's only like 2 years old - but if this weather keeps up, it'll just be a showpiece.
were you thinking you'd swim everyday after work? weekends? just want the possiblity?
Quote:above ground, 15' x 30' oval
i used to have the same :33:
Quote:were you thinking you'd swim everyday after work? weekends? just want the possiblity?

everyday after work would be nice, or at least a few times during the week - it would be a perfect way to relax after working in Auschwitz all day long. Weekends are a given.
First of all, an above ground pool should not even be considered a pool. It's nothing more than an oversized kiddie pool.

Secondly, summer's been great out here... nice dry warm weather and cool a/c.
thta's 2 threads that you felt the need to post your local weather. thanks for stopping by.
And yet another brilliant bit of quip from you to match? Wow, no wonder you're a mod.
Kid Arpi.
well, at least there will be no talk of a drought with all of this rain on the east coast.
Quote:And yet another brilliant bit of quip from you to match?
sense make you no.
Hey look! More rain!!!! :fuckoff: :fuckoff: