CDIH

Full Version: Hip Hop alittle to hot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was in today's New York Daily News.

Quote:Some of hip hop's fiercest feuds simmered onstage and backstage at the Hot 97 Summer Jam concert Tuesday night.
Two hundred New Jersey state troopers in riot gear were among the crowd that turned out at a soggy Giants Stadium to see acts that included Sean Combs, 50 Cent, Fabolous, Lil' Kim, Nas, Nelly and Sean Paul.

Organizers were desperate to avoid a meeting between former friends Eminem and Mariah Carey (who performed with Busta Rhymes).

"When the staff heard Eminem was entering backstage, they whisked Mariah away where a limo was parked behind the stage waiting for her," says our spy.

Slim Shady also teamed with 50 Cent to dis rival Ja Rule. 50 Cent, wearing his usual bulletproof vest, came onstage with his son, Marquise Jackson, 6, also sporting Kevlar. Marquise spoke the line performed by Eminem's daughter, Hailie, on the track "Hailie's Revenge," which mocks Ja Rule's modest stature.

"Daddy, is Ja Rule taller than me?" asked the 3-foot-tall Marquise.

"No, honey, you guys are the same size," came the response.

Before Eminem performed, Nas used the stage to attack rival Jay-Z with his song "Ether" and was booed by the crowd.

One fan told us, "Security was supertight. They had so many problems. A first-aid guy said they had as many cases in the first half hour as in the whole Z-100 concert at Giants Stadium on Sunday."

State police reported five arrests during the evening.
... that's what happens when a station tries to combine shitty artists with good artists in order to turn a buck...
Which ones are good and which ones are shitty, Mr Pop Music?
Eminem and 50 are the only good ones. Everyone else sucks. I'm surprise Sean Paul is still alive.
Quote:Eminem and 50 are the only good ones.

Nas runs circles around 50 lyrically.

Bringing his son on stage with a kevlar vest on?

Reminds me of 50's lyric "I can't sell out"

You already have
his son has been wearing a bulletproof vest on stage since 50 started promoting his album/tour.

nelly got booed throughout his entire set

lil kims tits kept popping out

and nas got booed during ETHER
Quote:his son has been wearing a bulletproof vest on stage since 50 started promoting his album/tour.

He's been selling out for a while now, he used to have potential and his album was great. But after it hit he's gone commerical and I lost love for him.

They can boo Nas all they want, Ether is one of the greatest battle songs ever and in the long run Jay-Z has been putting out nothing but trash since the his first blueprint album.
The height of a rapper's career is when they get killed. If you're alive and a rapper you're a sell out.
Quote:The height of a rapper's career is when they get killed. If you're alive and a rapper you're a sell out.

:rofl:

What's the point of showing the world you're wearing a bullet-proof vest?

I'd just aim for the head.
cause head shots are impossible when holding a gun sideways.
Quote:cause head shots are impossible when holding a gun sideways.

:14:

i hate nas. i always thought he was way over-rated