CDIH

Full Version: Useless keyboard buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why does my keyboard have a "turbo" button? It's under the enter key and to the right of shift.

I also have pressed it, but nothing has ever happened. My phone rang once afterwards though.

F1-F12? I know a couple of them are useful, but 12 of them?
I don't know about that turbo button, but I do use the F1-F12 keys regularly at work, as well as at home.

One of my PC's had a turbo button on the CPU tower, but it was also useless. A pretty light lit up when I pressed it, though.
My F1-12 buttons could be covered with that stuff that killed Palmer in 24, and I wouldn't know. I've never touched them.
I think they have some kind of functionality in Windows apps like Word or Excel, but I never use them for that - mostly they're for menus or functions in the accoutning software we use here.

At home, I only use them when I play games - again, menus or weapons, depending on the game.
Quote:My F1-12 buttons could be covered with that stuff that killed Palmer in 24

We don't know if he's dead for sure. :34:
the f keys are used a lot for games and also during the system startup to access the bios or start in safe mode and stuff like that.
what about the Pause/Break key?
thats what you use to pause and break.

duh.
Yeah. Pause/Break. That's one I have know idea what the Hell it is. And I don't play games on my computer, being an adult and all.

But this Turbo button is really driving me insane. I might just pop it off my keyboard.
The F1-F12 buttons and pause/break were more useful in ancient times, before every computer had Windows and a mouse. It would have been near impossible to use word processing software or spreadsheets without the F keys back then, and the pause was useful particularly for stopping out of control BASIC programs (like while testing a program, if you forgot to close a loop).
.... The F 1 -F 12 buttons are very useful in programs such as AutoCad....
enough with the function buttons. What about the fucking turbo button?
... it works good when you're trying to fly in Super Mario Bros. 3....
i used to have a turbo button on a really old computer in the tower. you have a laptop right? maybe its to control how much power the processor uses if you want the battery to last longer or something
F4 works great when combined with the Alt button.
F1=Windows Help
F3=Find
F5=refresh in IE
F11=max screen in IE

There's enough to get you started.
do you have a complete list?

my u key is sticking, surprising how many words have U's
what do i look like to you? the internet? find it yourself.
oh yeah, thanks :crackhead:
I thought the whole point of joining message boards was that you didn't have to visit search engines anymore.
Pages: 1 2