CDIH

Full Version: Are you morally sound?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are you a good person? Do you hold yourself to a high level of excellence or are you a lying scumbag?

yeah ... I'd have to go with the latter. I like secrets, and if that requires a little lying, then hey, fine. No one needs to know everything anyway.

If I didn't care what other people thought, I'd pay no mind to rules at all.

I steal office supplies.
Quote:I steal office supplies

OH MY DEAR LORD!!!!!!!

shame on you!
I'm a morally sound person. Just really lazy
Quote:"On my honor I will do my best , To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically fit, mentally awake and morally straight."
Quote:I get high on jesus
does not paying for movies music or pc games make you immoral?
QuickStop Wrote:does not paying for movies music or pc games make you immoral?
no. As long as you let people steal things you create without giving you anything in return.
Yes.

:8:

Don't worry you'll have lot's of company.
No one is totally morally sound, everyone has done something immoral.

Unless you are still a young and pretty little girl like Quickstop.
i am an evil lying scumbag who will sell you all out in order to move ahead one space.
I'd kill a close relative if I thought it would profit me in some way other than the pure pleasue of it.
Are we mentally sound should be the topic.
Morals to me is something you feel within yourself, and I feel OK with myself, but in everyone's else's eyes I'm not even close to morally sound.
Morality is a myth - take Bill Benett for example. Here's a guy who writes books that complain about the "moral decline" of Americans while losing millions (!) in Vegas. On VIDEO POKER, for crissakes! IN HIS ROOM!!!!

I do what I have to do. Sometimes I lie, in fact, it's required in my job sometimes. I have done things I'm not proud of, to achieve results that I can be proud of. Am I a moral person? I guess I'll find out when I get to the pearly gates, if they exist.
While of course I want Bill Benett dead for his outdated crap about traditional values, I do think he has a valid point regarding why legal ganbling should not be considered morally wrong. Especially when the gambler's only using personal funds and never incurs a loss he can't handle.
You have a point, but the reason it pisses me off is the fact that he holds himself up as this great moral leader, yet hides in his room with a video poker machine. It would be different if he was out in the open about it, but he realized that his "morality" would be questioned if he was seen on the floor in Bally's. And if it's not morally wrong, why has he sworn it off after all his holy-roller friends started snubbing him?

I have no problem with gambling. In fact, I think most "vice" crimes are only a problem when they produce illegal activity (for instance, if prostitution were legal, pimps would have to start providing health care and 401k plans to stay competitive, and stop beating their employees). But I do have a problem with hypocracy, which I think Mr. Benett has displayed in spades (heheheh).
Quote:the gambler's only using personal funds and never incurs a loss he can't handle.

Tell that to some guy staring at a gun to his head wanting to kill himself cause he lost his wife, kids, home, life and everything cause he had a gambling problem. Then to top it all off he can't even kill himself cause his bookie broke his fingers and he cant pull the trigger.
sounds to me like he incurred a loss he couldn't handle.
don't bet what yah don't have
i gamble a bit to much
whether it be AC or thrrough my bookie
but i'm happy with the person i am

Quote:Morals to me is something you feel within yourself
don't you call that a penis?