CDIH

Full Version: I finally saw the Godfather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
and it was pretty good.

just one thing i didn't get. what did abe vigoda do that got him killed?
i'd tell, but then i'd have to kill you
i bet you still haven't seen it
:15:
ssshhhhh
Sal Tessio, played by Abe, is a caporegime (captain) out of Brooklyn for the Corleone family. He is loyal for the most part until the very end when he betrays Michael and tries to set up his assassination along with enemy boss Emilio Barzini.
i guess i don't have to see it now :thumbs-up:
Quote:just one thing i didn't get. what did abe vigoda do that got him killed?

Remember in the scene with brando and pacino when they are outside drinking wine when brando does the "you coulda been senator corleone, governor corleone"

anyway he warned him that he would be betrayed by someone close to him, the man who sets up a meeting with barzini to offer a deal "too sweet to pass up". During brandos funeral when Duvalls character says "I thought it woulda been clemenza" and Michael says "Tessio was always smarter". He was talking about the meeting that brando warned him about, clemenza was too loyal and dumb.
you should - it's a classic.
You should take a page from Kid A and comment on the movie anyway, Hed.
Godfather 2 is quite good as well, 3 is a major disappointment.
3 is worth it cause of Pacinos amazing performance and watching andy garcia try to be sonny instead of playing sonnys son.
thanks, poor abe Undecided
that was the coldest scene of the film though, Duvall was stone cold in that scene.

Come on Tom, for old times sake.

No.
The Sleeper Wrote:and it was pretty good.

just one thing i didn't get. what did abe vigoda do that got him killed?
i hate you.
should i have used the spoiler function?
no, i hate you cause you are an ignorant youth.
because i ruined the movie for you?
you did for me :disappointed:
don't worry, it wasn't nearly as good as Dirty Work
you should have seen the godfather already, how old are you? i must have seen it a hundred times by now.
Pages: 1 2 3