CDIH

Full Version: All Star Rosters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AL (starters first)
Ca: Posada; Varitek
1B: Delgado; Giambi, Dmitri Young
2B: Soriano; B Boone
3B: Glaus; Blaylock
SS: Arod; Nomar, Mora
OF: Ichiro, Manny, Hunter; Huff, Everett, Wells, G Anderson, Milton Bradley
DH: Edgar Martinez
SP: Loiaza; Halladay, Clemens, Mussina, Moyer
RP: Percival, Rivera, Guardado, Foulke, Donnelly, MacDougal.

Left out: Palmeiro, Koskie, Meche, J Gonzalez, Beltran, Todd Walker, Frank Cattalonatto

NL
Ca: Lopez; Kendall
1B: Helton; Sexson
2B: Giles; A Boone
3B: Rolen; Lowell, Burroughs
SS: Furcal; Renteria
OF: Bonds, Sosa, Sheffield; Edmonds, P. Wilson, C. Patterson, L. Gonzalez, A. Jones
DH: Pujols
SP: Brown; Wood, Prior, Nomo, Schmidt, Wolf
RP: Gagne, Smoltz, Wagner, Biddle, Benitez, Worrell

Left out: Kent, Cabrerra, Woody Williams, Dunn, Jenkins, Chacon, Pierre
woody williams and jenkens and palmeiro, no

cattalanato, yes
woody williams not making along with chacon is a joke. They by far are the best pitchers in the NL. Benitez should not be on there, neither should Brendan donnelly.
benitez is only on cause they had to pick 1 met. i would have taken floyd or burnitz if you really had to. neither one deserves it but thats the rule. now that the game counts the fans shouldnt be able to vote and they shouldn NOT have to choose 1 player from each team.
By the by.

These are not the real rosters.

I am guessing.
Matsui just jumped to like 2rd or 3rd in of voting. Friggin Japs voting like machines.
3B: Glaus; Blaylock

---I'd probably pick Koskie over Blalock. Both are deserving though.

OF: Ichiro, Manny, Hunter; Huff, Everett, Wells, G Anderson, Milton Bradley

---No Hunter, he's played like shit. Give Min's spot to Koskie, possibly Loshe (or both). I'd also replace Bradley with Juan Gone, give the Cle spot to Sabathia.

SP: Loiaza; Halladay, Clemens, Mussina, Moyer
RP: Percival, Rivera, Guardado, Foulke, Donnelly, MacDougal.

---Exit Donnelly and either Rivera and Percival, enter Loshe and C.C.

NL
Ca: Lopez; Kendall

---I Rod over Kendall.

1B: Helton; Sexson

--- Thome really deserves it too. Tough to work him in though.

2B: Giles; A Boone

---Vidro and Boone.

3B: Rolen; Lowell, Burroughs

--- Burroughs? I'd probably pick Klesko to be the SD rep, but really, nobody from that team deserves it.

OF: Bonds, Sosa, Sheffield; Edmonds, P. Wilson, C. Patterson, L. Gonzalez, A. Jones

---Nix Sosa, add Klesko...use Burroughs' spot to fit in Thome. And Jenkins over Andruw.

SP: Brown; Wood, Prior, Nomo, Schmidt, Wolf
RP: Gagne, Smoltz, Wagner, Biddle, Benitez, Worrell

---Exit Biddle, Vidro gets Montreal's spot. Exit Benitez. Enter Glavine and Woody Williams.
Or, in simpler terms:

AL (starters first)
Ca: Posada; Varitek
1B: Delgado; Giambi, Dmitri Young
2B: Soriano; B Boone
3B: Glaus; Koskie
SS: Arod; Nomar, Mora
OF: Ichiro, Manny, Wells; Huff, Everett, Wells, G Anderson, J Gonzalez
DH: Edgar Martinez
SP: Loiaza; Halladay, Clemens, Mussina, Moyer, Loshe, Sabathia
RP: Percival, Guardado, Foulke, MacDougal.

NL
Ca: Lopez; I. Rodriguez
1B: Helton; Sexson, Thome
2B: A Boone; Vidro
3B: Rolen; Lowell
SS: Furcal; Renteria
OF: Bonds, Edmonds, Sheffield; Edmonds, P. Wilson, C. Patterson, L. Gonzalez, Jenkins
SP: Brown; Wood, Prior, Nomo, Schmidt, Wolf, Glavine, W. Williams
RP: Gagne, Smoltz, Wagner, Worrell

Sounds about right...

Edited By Sir O on 1057050769
Glavine in no way deserves being picked. Guy has pitched horrible. If anything pitcher should be taken from the mets, based on record it should be Leiter. Also too, Being a die hard yankee fan, I see clemens being picked because of the good year, 300th win...but Wells has pitched a little better this year, I would of picked him or at least instead of Moose.
Sir O. The only problem with some of the changes is that you're taking out people who are the only rep for their company (Kendall, Bradley) and Donnelly and Percival probably shouldn't make it, but I bet they do since they are from Anaheim
Sosa probably being voted in is a huge fucking joke. The guy is a cheater, plain and simple. and being voted over Pujols is a bigger joke. If he had any integrity he would politely decline and give the starting spot to Pujols. He won't but hey, i've always been a dreamer.

What I don't understand is why they don't just play 2 games for the all-star game. One for the fans and the others with the players and coaches themselves voting who they think is having a good year. Sure a lot of players will be the same but that's life. Plus even better, the owners will have another sold-out gate to make some money off of. What more could they ask for?
They have a hard enough time dragging the players out to one all star game. Trust me, the fans are dumb and should have their right to choose revoked. Take it away and let the coaches pick the players for 1 game, and make it count like they did this year.

Leiter should not be picked either, his record does not reflect how poorly he has pitched. If anything, Seo has been the Mets most reliable pitcher thus far, and against good offensive teams.
<marquee>Dontrelle Willis</marquee>
Faceman Wrote:Sosa probably being voted in is a huge fucking joke. The guy is a cheater, plain and simple. and being voted over Pujols is a bigger joke. If he had any integrity he would politely decline and give the starting spot to Pujols. He won't but hey, i've always been a dreamer.

What I don't understand is why they don't just play 2 games for the all-star game. One for the fans and the others with the players and coaches themselves voting who they think is having a good year. Sure a lot of players will be the same but that's life. Plus even better, the owners will have another sold-out gate to make some money off of. What more could they ask for?
Yeah, sosa is a joke, but not because he is a cheater - its cause he is having a lousy season.

I dont think they need to screw with the all-star game.
Its an exhibition. Yeah fans screw up, but so do managers who take their own guys so they'll "feel good".

Dontrell Willis definitely deserves to be on the team, but I dont know if Baylor will have the balls to take him over more established stars.

Mets have no one who really deserves it.
Benitez on the team would be a joke.
Glavine would be a joke.
Seo would be best, but there is too much pitching competition.

It will probably be someone like Cliff floyd or burnitz, neither of whom deserves it. Hell, take Vance Wilson for all it matters.

All-star game will be screwed up cause of the WS home field change. MLB can't get anything right lately.
Don't know if anybody posted this yet, but here are the actual rosters:

NL
Starters:

Javy Lopez Atlanta C
Todd Helton Colorado 1B
Marcus Giles Atlanta 2B
Scott Rolen St. Louis 3B
Edgar Renteria St. Louis SS
Barry Bonds San Francisco OF
Albert Pujols St. Louis OF
Gary Sheffield Atlanta OF

Reserves:

Aaron Boone Cincinnati 3B
Jim Edmonds St. Louis OF
Rafael Furcal Atlanta SS
Luis Gonzalez Arizona OF
Andruw Jones Atlanta OF
Paul Lo Duca Los Angeles C
Mike Lowell Florida 3B
Richie Sexson Milwaukee 1B
Jose Vidro Montreal 2B
Rondell White San Diego OF
Preston Wilson Colorado OF

NL Pitchers:

Armando Benitez New York RP
Kevin Brown Los Angeles SP
Shawn Chacon * Colorado SP
Eric Gagne Los Angeles RP
Russ Ortiz Atlanta SP
Mark Prior Chicago SP
Jason Schmidt San Francisco SP
John Smoltz Atlanta RP
Billy Wagner Houston RP
Mike Williams Pittsburgh RP
Woody Williams St. Louis SP
Randy Wolf Philadelphia SP
Kerry Wood Chicago SP

AL Starters:

Jorge Posada New York C
Carlos Delgado Toronto 1B
Alfonso Soriano New York 2B
Troy Glaus Anaheim 3B
Alex Rodriguez Texas SS
Ichiro Suzuki Seattle OF
Hideki Matsui New York OF
Manny Ramirez Boston OF
Edgar Martinez Seattle DH

Reserves:

Garret Anderson Anaheim OF
Hank Blalock Texas 3B
Bret Boone Seattle 2B
Carl Everett Chicago OF
Nomar Garciaparra Boston SS
Ramon Hernandez Oakland C
Melvin Mora Baltimore OF
Mike Sweeney Kansas City 1B
Vernon Wells Toronto OF
Dmitri Young Detroit OF

AL Pitchers:

Lance Carter Tampa Bay RP
Brendan Donnelly Anaheim RP
Keith Foulke Oakland RP
Eddie Guardado Minnesota RP
Roy Halladay Toronto SP
Shigetoshi Hasegawa Seattle RP
Esteban Loaiza Chicago SP
Mike MacDougal Kansas City RP
Jamie Moyer Seattle SP
Mark Mulder Oakland SP
C.C. Sabathia Cleveland SP
Barry Zito Oakland SP
I woulda picked Palmiero over Sweeney since Sweeney won't be back probably after the all-star break. Palmiero deserves it, at his age to still be able to do it with consistency.

Clemens shoulda been there not just cause I am a yankee fan. But his final year, a 1st ballot H.O.F'er, he got his 300th win and 4,000th K this year. He shoulda been put on, his numbers aren't so that it wouldn't have been justified. Even if he didn't get to play, just to tip his cap like Gwynn did.

Hasegawa coulda stayed his ass at home.
Quote:neither should Brendan donnelly.
look at this guys numbers! he totally deserves to be there. the players wont vote for him though cause he was a scab
<marquee>Dontrelle Willis</marquee>
Quote:the players wont vote for him though cause he was a scab
Actually, I think he was the highest voted player on the player ballot, thats why he's there
wrong!
Pages: 1 2