CDIH

Full Version: Payton a Laker... - Do the Spurs break the bank for Kidd now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
espn.com is reporting Gary Payton has verbally agree to a contract worth 4.9 million for the coming year. Does this put the Spurs in a position where they HAVE to sign Kidd now? Even though it kills me, I think so. Tony Parker did a good job against Kidd in the finals, but Payton is a slightly different player than Kidd. He plays defense like a mother, something Kidd didn't do in the finals due to injury or whatever. That's going to affect Parker in a 7 game series. Kidd I think can counteract Payton, moreso than Parker and give the Spurs a better chance to go to the finals again. Best case scenario for the Nets is to work a sign and trade with the Spurs and try and get Parker and another player back for Kidd and at least they can go on with someone who looks like he could be a pretty good pro, meaning Parker, and someone else who is an upper to middle player in this league. I would love it for Kidd to be a Net for the rest of his career, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen now.
Payton = Laker means Malone = Laker...
jesus, gary payton, karl malone, kobe bryant and shaq, what a lineup and only one ball.
the spurs dont need to do a sign and trade with the nets. they have plenty of money under the cap.
My thoughts

Malone stays with the Jazz or goes to a team who will let him be the lead scorer. He wants the ring but he'd rather have Jabbar's record, he won't be pullin down 20 points a night on the Lakers.

The spurs would be better off getting a PF and moving Duncan to Center. Either go for Jermaine O'Neal this year or lay off for Garnett next year. Go for what worked in the past, 2 big men with a decent Guard. Parker is not a good as Kidd but he's still good.
Oh sure, this you can respond to, but nothing for me :16:
:15:
Arpikarhu Wrote:the spurs dont need to do a sign and trade with the nets. they have plenty of money under the cap.
I know, but Parker has already stated he does not want to be a Back-up and will opt out of his contract if that happens. The sign and trade gives Kidd his maximum contract, the spurs get kidd, get rid of parker and the Nets aren't left holding their dicks in their hands with no point guard.
Payton becoming a laker almost guarantees the fact that Kidd will be heavily pursued by the Spurs. The spurs will not be getting Jermain O'neill, he's most likely staying in indiana. Malone will go to the Hornest or stay in utah, not going to the lakers. The fact that LA has now, shaq, kobe and Payton and the spurs only having Duncan as a legitimate offensive threat, is proof enough.
The spurs can't afford to go with parker, and sign a mid to average big man like PJ Brown. They need another scorer to help out Duncan.
Don't hold your breath about getting Garnett either, c'mon stupids. Nets will loose kid as a free agent and scramble to come up with some contingency plan like tradeing for charlie ward, hehe. :21:
Quote:c'mon stupids.

Comin from you I find that kinda ironic.
GonzoStyle Wrote:
Quote:c'mon stupids.

Comin from you I find that kinda ironic.
Just kinda???
Is the Payton signing really going to matter?

With Kobe in jail and Shaq weighing in at 400+ the lakers don't have a chance anyway.
Galt Wrote:Is the Payton signing really going to matter?

With Kobe in jail and Shaq weighing in at 400+ the lakers don't have a chance anyway.
Prison changes a man
... and now Malone is in...