CDIH

Full Version: Someone's definetly been in the sun too long.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dusty is still standing by his moronic statements.

Not enough he wanted everyone to believe he never saw, heard nor even knew how to cork a bat after Sosa's ordeal.

Quote:Cubs manager Dusty Bake'r didn't back down Monday when asked about his recent comments that black and Latin players were better suited to play in the heat than white players.

``I meant what I said. ... I try to be as honest as possible, and if that's how I feel, then that's how I feel.'' he told reporters before Monday's game, a 6-3 win by the Cubs over Florida.

On Saturday, in another pregame talk with reporters, Dusty said: ``We were brought over here for the heat. Isn't that history? Your skin color is more conducive to heat than it is to the lighter-skinned people. I don't see brothers running around burnt.''

I must admit the "I don't see brothers running around burnt" comment was comedy platiunum.

when a reporter told him that slavery was so long ago and that blacks have evolved by now to the climates, Dusty just shrugged him off and said "so!".

Genius!
yet when jimmy the greek and al campanis makes similar comments they are run out of town on a rail
DUH!!!

He's quotin history, brah.
I don't like the double standard, if a WHITE manager said the same thing or comments about his own race, there would be an uproar about what a big situation this is. But because dusty is BLACK he can get away with it.
You think there's a double standard between blacks commentening on race and whites, from how whites are allowed to and still be considered PC?

surely you jest.
fuckin' niggers :angry:
There is a double standard. If a white guy tried to make comments about blacks' athletic abilities being bred or other characteristics and such, they would get beat down, as well it should be.

Just as if a black guy tried to run a business or marry a white woman, I would burn a cross on their front lawn.
the washington times actually did an article about athletes that have made other similar dumb racist or sexist comments, the article is here
Some of the highlights include:

"That little boy is driving well and he's putting well. You pat him on the back and say congratulations and enjoy it and tell him not to serve fried chicken next year. ... Or collard greens or whatever the hell they serve."
— Golfer Fuzzy Zoeller (right), joking in 1997 about the potential cuisine of champion Tiger Woods at the Masters' championship dinner the following year.

and

"Tell Yao Ming: 'Ching-chong-yang-wah-ah-soh.' "
— NBA player, part-time comedian Shaquille O'Neal (right), 2003
Quote:"Tell Yao Ming: 'Ching-chong-yang-wah-ah-soh.' "
— NBA player, part-time comedian Shaquille O'Neal (right), 2003

yeah but that just proves anything shaq daddy says is funny.
any guy that instructs the media to call him "Big Aristotle" is ok with me.
What the fuck kind of name is Dusty? :12:
I dunno, Damien
The world is too PC these days. I appreaciate people speaking their minds even if they happen to be misguided and completely off base. I prefer to see the filter has been removed once in awhile than everyone always trying to please everyone else with how they speak, and watching what they say.
... I don't have a problem with Dusty's comments, because they are true...