CDIH

Full Version: Bonds not gonna be in the HR Derby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just heard a snippet on ESPN.

Bonds said he's not gonna do it and doesn't care who gets mad at him. He said that Jordan didn't participate in the slam dunk contest every year, so why should he have to be in the HR derby since he's a grown man.

Insinuating it was some bullshit little spectacle for kids.

Bonds always was and will be an asshole but I respected him cause he came to play and wanted to win. But this is kinda shitty of him to do, especially since he didn't make it past the 1st round last year. McGwire was an asshole also but he showed up after the year he didn't make it past the 1st round and put on a spectacle in Boston for 1 round.

Plus comparing it to the slam dunk contest is silly, first of all almost no one watches the dunk contest no more. Why? Cause the marquee names don't show up, like the jordans in the 90's and the kobe's today.

Plus in the dunk contest you have to be beyond creative now cause everything has been done, so no one wants to come back cause they'll just be doin the same shit over and over. In the derby you just gotta jack sweet beautiful long ass homers.
I agree that comparing it to the dunk contest is pointless.. It's not really that difficult to stand up there and take a few swings at some batting practice pitches. I'll just add this to the many reasons why I despise Barry Bonds.
It is difficult, you see them in between rounds sweating and stretching and they are beyond winded and sore.

It's like in those muscle man shows, you'd think how hard is it to go out on stage and flex. Then dudes are exhausted by the end of the shows more than you could imagine.

To have to put all that power in every swing of the bat, then sit around and wait, then have to get up again.

It's definetly not easy, so if he was injured I understand. But doin it cause of vanity is fuckin pathetic.
The guy's fucking father is about to die. Fuck the All-star game, fuck the home run derby. Fuck everything.
fuck that.
fuck you.
I think I'll watch the dog show on MSG instead of the All Star game this year.
I was gonna berate Bonds until I read Galts post. Puts things in perspective.
I would also understand if he woulda said

"I can't because of a family emergency." Or something to that matter.

But instead he gave the slam dunk comparison and ended it with:

"Go ahead and get mad at me. Say what you want, but no.''

Not everyone knows about his father, I didn't for one and I see keyser didn't. It wasn't mentioned on ESPN so no one knows, they just see him as a misanthrope, over and over again same shit.

It would be understandable if he just said it, the average joe doesn't call into work and say "I ain't comin in cause I dont wanna, get mad at me, but no".
I say tough shit for the average american.

I'm sure he also doesn't want to say "my dad is about to die". Doesn't want to admit it to himself. Doesn't want to talk about it or acknowledge it alltogether.

I would also imagine that the conversation was more a roomful of reporters asking him if he was going to do it, when he said no, they probably tried to make him feel guilty like he owed it to the fans. After a half hour of them making him seem like an asshole and ungrateful player, he finally just yelled at them to get out of his face.
Yeah, up yours pal.
galt is always right.