CDIH

Full Version: Boxing on HBO tonight - Forrest Vs. Mayorga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just incase anyone is interested.

Saturday @ 10:30 on HBO

Vernon Forrest Vs. Ricardo Mayorga for the welterweight championship.

Forrest is the guy who throughly whooped Sugar Shane Mosley twice in 2002. Forrest was the unbeaten, undisputed welterweight champion till January 2003 when Ricardo Mayorga stunnigly knocked him out in 3 rounds. Mayorga then proceeded to have a beer and smoke cigarettes while being presented with his new belts.

At the weigh in yesterday Forrest barely made the 147 pound limit for the fight. While Mayorga weighed in at 146 while eating a full plate of chicken, insinuating that Forrest is chicken and he's not even sweating it.

Also on the card is another promising bout between lightweights.

Zab Judah Vs. Demarcus 'Chop Chop' Corley.

Judah fresh off being stolen from the rival network showtime. This provides a very fascinating match up between two stars, judahs tryin to gain back his super star status after being ko'ed by Kostya Tszyu in 2001.

This one also provided a funny weigh in when Judah presented Corley with victoria secret lingere while corley was being weighed in. Judah kept on calling him a sissy and hinting that Corley was a fag.

Corleys big retort was "everyone knows chop chop loves wearing victoria secrets underwear"

Yeah chop chop good retort :15:

My picks are, Forrest & Judah.

but honestly I hope Mayorga whips his ass again.
I can't find the odds anywhere for this one... do you happen to know them?
i enjoyed mayorga at he weigh in complaining that forrest didnt send him a fathers day card cause everyone knows he is his daddy.
Velociti Wrote:I can't find the odds anywhere for this one... do you happen to know them?
Z Judah -250
Draw +1800
DeMarcus Corely +175

Vernon Forrest -300
Draw +1800
Ricardo Mayorga +200
i wish i was a bookie. if anyone ever wants to start a bookie operation with me, i know all the details and the software to getting it started. i just need a partner to handle some of the start up details
why do they list "arm length" instead of calling it reach?
Reach is their cock length
Quote:why do they list "arm length" instead of calling it reach?

Because the way they have done it for many decades is measuring the wingspan of a fighter. Which is they hold out their arms and you measure from fingertip to fingertip.

That can be misleading because some fighters then seemingly have a 'longer' reach, when really their backs, shoulders and fingers may just be longer. So it's really adding fake length. So you may have a fighter with a 76" reach and another with a 70" reach, but the 70" reach fighter has the longer reach.

Now they measure from the armpit to the end of the balled up fist, which gives a more accurate statistic.

For example some weeks back during a fight on ESPN2.

a fighter had a 82" reach and 27" arm length.

the other fighter had a 75" reach and a 28 1/2" arm length.

Either way the Judah fight was a snoozefest but it gave Judah some of his lost confidence back.

Mayorga was amazing against Forrest. The 4th round witnessed one of the sickest moments in boxing. Mayorga got tagged with a combination from forrest, then stood there with his hands dropped and begged Forrest to hit him. Forrest landed 2 seperate 3 punch combinations that didn't even move Mayorga, he just begged him to hit him.
i thougt forrest won the fight. mayorga looked busier but almost all of his shots were wild, hitting forrest on the shoulders and arms. he never really threw a punch so much as clubbed him. it was ridiculous. forrest was hitting him with clean jabs and power shots all night. mayorga looked busier but it was alot of sound and fury signifying nothing. forrest made the mistake of really backpedaling away from these inneffectual flurrys early in the fight which made them look more effective than they were.
mayorga is a flayer with a good chin. he just keeps walking into punches, wildly swinging his arms in the hope that one of his powerful shots will land.
You just said that cause kellerman did.
GonzoStyle Wrote:You just said that cause kellerman did.
1. didnt see kellerman
2. nice triple post
The fight was close, I ain't sayin Mayorga dominated him thoroughly.

I had it 115-113, so one round goes the way of forrest and it's a draw.

But you don't come in as the former champ who was embarassed last time, looking to win the championship, and the ring belt in recognition of being the true champ of the division, like forrest came in.

You don't win the championship by running backwards.

On the scoring basis of effective agressiveness, mayorga wins, ring generalship, mayorga wins, clean punching, it's close the jabs were close with forrest having an edge. Power shots it was no contest, Mayorga had forrest hurt several times, and all those "glancing blows" they may not have all landed flush but if they did Forrest woulda been outta there in quick fashion.

Mayorga is a pure brawler in the cloth of a dempsy, duran, marciano, and tyson. The difference is that he also has great stamina and a granite chin, no way forrest won that fight going backwards hald the night. The only reason I gave forrest the bulk of the middle and later rounds was because Mayorga was bored chasing him and forrest effectively handled him by setting up his shots with the jab and attacking the body.

And all 3 judges gave forrest the last round, so it wasnt even close at that point since he won that round, I gave it to him as well.
Quote:Mayorga is a pure brawler in the cloth of a dempsy, duran, marciano, and tyson.
i disagree! duran and tyson both had great skills. tyson became a brawler but he started off as a very tight technical fighter. mayorga is just wild with no skills.duran had great skill. to group mayorga in with those fighters is a disgrace. he isnt even close.

Quote:and all those "glancing blows" they may not have all landed flush but if they did Forrest woulda been outta there in quick fashion.
isnt that the point ,that they didnt land flush?

Quote:clean punching, it's close
we watched a different fight because if i didnt see mayorga throw 10 clean punches the whole fight. wild arm swings, a million. clean straight punches, maybe 6
I think you should come over and watch the fight with me again.

yes I am inviting you out with me, cause you musta been high when you watched the fight.
i am free next weekend. it will be a pleasure to see the fight with you cause i will get the joy of seeing you see it for the first time.
but he has his score sheet signed and dated!!
mayorga dictated the action: ring generalship is part of the scoring. i agree that some of his shots shouldn't have counted, like the ones to the back of Forrest's head...but Forest did not do a SweetPea, and backpedaled and was defensive with any measure of control. Forrest lost, but i had it close as well...he did stay in there and score some himself. But, Mayorga scored and wobbled Forrest, even on partially blocked shots. If there is a 3rd fight, Forrest must tie him up, and actually take more control...and i don't think he can do either physically vs. Mayorga.
i also agree with Arpi...

Mayorga will fall back to earth vs. someone. He's sloppy and reckless. Someone with some power, and better skills could knock him to pieces. It's all about the matchup and who can evade and still tag him. De La Hoya would be interesting. Hopkins, who Mayorga is also asking for, moving up to 154 lbs, and Hopkins down to that weight, would be able to take him, I think.
i thought you were banned :30:
he keeps sending me offensive PMs :16:
Pages: 1 2