CDIH

Full Version: Rakim: New Album
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rakim Says Wait Is Almost Over: Dr. Dre-Produced LP To Drop Soon

Rakim
Photo: MTV News
"Me and Dre, we about to do full-steam on it. ... We finally got everything on track like we wanted." — Rakim

HOLLYWOOD — Almost three years after signing with Aftermath Records, Rakim is finally near finishing his first album under Dr. Dre.

The legendary MC has been competing with Eminem, 50 Cent and others for the producer's time, but he's now a priority.

"Me and Dre, we about to do full-steam on it, [and] hopefully we should have a single out towards the end of the summer and the album will follow shortly after that," Rakim said two weeks ago at the BET Awards. "We finally got everything on track like we wanted."

Rakim has logged 16 songs with the producer and hopes to finish seven more (see "Rakim Out To Change The Game Again, With Help From Dre"). The first single will be selected after all are in the can.

"He can bring the best out of me, and I want to make sure that I bring the best out of him," Rakim said of Dre. "He goes in the studio from 3 [p.m. and] goes home 6, 7, 8 in the morning, so to me, that's all right. My man wants to work, so let's get it poppin'."

Rakim refused to reveal whether other Aftermath artists, which now include Ice Cube and Eve, will be on the album, but he said to expect a few surprises. "There's a lot of anticipation on this album right here, so at this point we really want to keep it bottled up. Bottle it up and let it blow."

—Corey Moss

I can't wait :5:
I dare to say, with Rakims talent and already legendary status + Dre's production. This may be the best Hip Hop album to come out in a while.
It's scary that his stuff from 10 years ago can match up lyrically with today's artists
I'm so excited about this news that I'm going to run up and down my street naked, screaming at the top of my lungs.

I still cant figure out how rap ever became a recognized form of music.
then you are not very bright
That WBK is wise beyond his years
Rakim > KRS One > Biggie > 2Pac
OMG HOW DO YOU LIKE RAP MUSIC IT IS BAD, RAP IS CRAP LOL!
its so bad that white folk won't even try to steal it like they did rock and roll. right, RIGHT???
Quote:Rakim > KRS One > Biggie > 2Pac

No, KRS One is so fucking overrated, he wrote some good battle raps, end of story.
his influence is underrated, his flow isnt special, he does have a powerful delivery.
You should hang out with more hip-hop heads, they speak of KRS-One like he was a fucking messiah, he doesn't even come close to the verbal stylings of Biggie or the powerful message of 2Pac, he was a good battle rapper and can MAYBE be credited with the success and popularity of today's battle scene, but I guarantee you ask most of the people at these battles and they'll list Biggie and Pac as their biggest influence, Pac changed everything with Hit em Up.
I don't like KRS-One because he sounded so gay when he talked. I didn't hear him rap that much, but he had this hoity-toity attitude and gay sounding voice.

No one is better than Tupac.
i'm talking mainstream-wise, most people don't even know who KRS One is. He puts on a hell of a show and can move a crowd though, even a crowd with little or no knowledge of who he is. I've seen him perform alone and at festivals and he can motivate either audience.
:-(

He left Aftermath

:-(
Keyser Soze Wrote:i'm talking mainstream-wise, most people don't even know who KRS One is. He puts on a hell of a show and can move a crowd though, even a crowd with little or no knowledge of who he is. I've seen him perform alone and at festivals and he can motivate either audience.
No one outside hip hop fans know another rapper who blows away KRS

Scarface >>>>>>> KRS

Another great pair of rappers who never get enough credit are Big L and Big Pun who are light years ahead of KRS who is a good battle rapper and can pump a crowd but he doesnt compare.
Big L was great and he wasn't even in his prime yet, at least we got to see rappers like Biggie and Pac drop their greatest stuff before being killed, L never got that chance
The promise that boy had, the full potential he coulda achieved and we'll never know.
lets not forget the greatness that is Big Daddy Kane
and paperboy
Pages: 1 2