CDIH

Full Version: Griffey, Jr a Hall of Famer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So he's done again for the year.

When he comes back next season, he'll be 34 1/2 and will have essentially lost three years.

If he retires now, is he a hall of famer? I say yes. 8-10 years of dominance. Slowed by injury not degrading skills. But then now a days I say if Kirby Puckett is in the Hall of Fame everyone is eligable

If he comes back and his next 3-5 years are also plagued by injury and slowed numbes, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it. But he'll be at 500 homers and still has that mystique, so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it either way.

It just sucks. It's too easy to get into the Hall. They keep lowering the bar.
It's easier to put up big numbers than it was back in the day.

There's your answer.
he was on the all century team, I think it's a lock. Koufax made it based on 6 years.
Griffey wasn't just a home run hitter, he was also one of the greatest defensive outfielders the game ever saw. All that shit the tori hunters of today do was a constant for Griffey. I just still hold out hope he will have a couple more good seasons during his career, he's stil my most favorite all around player that I ever saw play. Sweetest most effortless swing, I ever saw.

He shoulda been past 600 home runs by now though.
i liked will clark's swing better then griffeys
will clark had the ugliest swing.
will clark was my favorite player when i was 8. true story
his swing was so sweet, you gotta be crazy!
Did you ever have a clark bar?
no.
Yeah, why isn't this in the sports forum?

Are you trying to piss off arpi?
I'm shocked he hasn't moved it five times and posted a manifesto BTS.
You'd have to be on the phone with me for it to be complete.
no,
my guess is if I was on the phone with you, you'd be a man and stop him.
I only start threads in the Pit.

There are so many mods with zero to do. It must be like christmas morning when something like this happens.
merry christmas :banana:
Galt Wrote:I only start threads in the Pit.

There are so many mods with zero to do. It must be like christmas morning when something like this happens.
sorry I am jewish, I was taught that Santa was a Nazi and hated all jewish children, he wore red, black and white the colors of the Nazi flag.
Quote:I am jewish
There must be some deep seeded hatred for your parents lingering for that one isn't there?

Let Griffey's injuries be a lesson to all baseball players. Don't be altruistic. Don't take a major pay cut to play in a place where you will be happy. Don't put your family ahead of money. Go after the money. Make as much as you possibly can or God will smite you and make you unable to play causing everyone that you tried to sacrifice things for to hate you.
griffey was suposed to be the man to break Aaron's record, but now he's been reduced to a career broken down by injuries. How can the man be injured so damn much? Isn't this why they workout/take steroids/lift weights in the off season?

Edited By Velociti on 1058559176
perhaps its the shit that they take that breaks them down?
Pages: 1 2