CDIH

Full Version: OLN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just noticed this channel. It's called "Outside Life Network"

For the last week, they've been showing the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain (which apparantly is going on right now and is not merely one day -- God I've got to get out of this country one of these days) at nights, which showing the Tour De France during the day (BORING)

The running is 1/2 mile long and I've seen it take the bulls anywhere from less than 3 minutes (on a very clean run with no injuries) to about 15 (where the bulls get separated from each other, freak out, stop, and actually hunt people) to get from their pen outside the stadium to their pen inside the stadium

It's so friggin cool. They show the entire race, then they show a slow-mo replay with all the maulings, goreings, and tramplings. They keep a running tote of injuries and deaths. Yes, they show the deaths. They showed a guy get gored in the stomach and pinned against a fence. The said he was dead before the race ended.

They just showed highlights from yesterday, and now a now there's another one about to start. I'm so excited.

Now they're showing the "tale of the tape" of the bulls with all the bulls' cool names and weights and who is sponsoring them.

I can't wait for the rocket to go off signalling the start of the race.
... I'll be waiting for the ILN, where they go over strategy for D&D and show how to build monster computers....
Yeah, that's nice.

Anyway. A short race tonight. 2:34. No goreings. no bulls got separated and hunted anyone done. Officially four "minor" injuries

There was one reall good injury, however.

Going from the street to the stadium, there is a narrow entranceway where everyone and everything funnels into the street.

There was this one dude who was running in and a bull just steamrolled him. Didn't gore him or anything, but he was running right near the wall and the bull just ran right over him and kind of pinned him against the wall as he was passing him.

The guy just fell like a ragdoll, smashed his head against the wall, and then smashed it again on the ground. Then as the other 20,000 people funnelled into the stadium he kept getting trampled by people.

Man, it was a hoot.

The other good stuff, is when the bulls come to a 90 degree angle in the street and just fall and slide into the walls and get all turned about.