CDIH

Full Version: This makes me happy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rush Roars Back to 'Rio'

Quote:NEW YORK (Billboard) - Veteran Canadian rock trio Rush will release the triple-disc live album and double-disc DVD "Rush in Rio" in September via Anthem/Atlantic.

The label is eyeing a Sept. 23 release for the sets, though a spokesperson for Coming Home Productions tells Billboard.com the release date for the DVD may move due to logistical issues.

"Rush in Rio" was recorded last Nov. 23 on the last show of the band's Vapor Trails tour.

The disc features 28 songs, ranging from staples such as "Tom Sawyer," "Limelight," "The Spirit of Radio" and "YYZ" to newer album cuts like "One Little Victory," "Earthshine" and "Secret Touch."

I guess they're getting lazy in their old age. They've broken the pattern of 4 studio/1 live album, thus tearing a hole in the space-time continuum which will undoubtedly lead to our demise. But they're the greatest band in the history of music, so they can get away with it...
I heard about this last week, but from a friend - I'm glad to see it's official.

I also heard the only reason they're breaking the 4S1L chain is because when they were compiling the DVD, they felt their playing on this tour really shined, and wanted to release it.

Quote:But they're the greatest band in the history of music

Amen, brother :toast:
I can appreciate their musicianship and my bass player is an absolute fanatic of theirs but I never could really get into Rush. Like Dreamtheater, I think they try too hard to technically blow people away, which they do, but the music itself doesn't particularly move me. Different strokes, i guess.
Dream Theater is #2 on my all time prog bands list. They're also incredible live.
I'll wager your bass player is very intelligent.