CDIH

Full Version: Summer Hours - Does your company die on Fridays?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At my job, we have this thing called 'Summer Hours' that you sign up for in the spring. Essentially, you work an extra hour every day, and you get every other Friday off during the summer. A lot of people take advantage of this, even though it means staying until 6:00 or 7:00 depending on when you get here in the morning. I personally would rather leave at 4:30 every day and come in on Friday, but that's me.

Anywho, what that means is this place turns into a ghost town every Friday. Between people on vacation and people on summer hours, there's about 10% of the engineers actually in the building. So now, as I am every Friday, I am faced with a moral dilemma, do I stick around and try to do some work, or do I sneak out since there's no one here to notice I'm gone anyway? It's not that I'm lazy, I just don't care
ya, we get out at 3 on fridays during the summer, and everyone here pretty much slacks off and does nothing that day, unfortunately that means i have to do all the bitch work. but whatever, 30 minutes til the weekend wooo

Edited By The Sleeper on 1060367503
Is that why there's so many assholes on the road while I'm driving around trying to work on Fridays?

Go to fucking work.
instead of "summer hours", my place has "sweat shop" hours, meaning I never get out early and if I come in early or stay late I can either get paid OT for that time or use it as comp time - which when I got like 8 hours I could put towards taking a day off but I can't do it every week.

We could have a nuclear holocaust and my place would still wanna be open.
i dont have a job anymore. :keke:
im currently observing summer hours. but those fuckers still decide to page me with shit they want to check on from home.
I miss OT so much. There were weeks when I would just rake it in, there was so much work to do. Now that I'm at the new job and salary, all my time after hours is basically charity (read: they fuck me).

Yeah, I think it's about time to blow this popsicle stand. It's Miller time
yeah, that sounds great, probably explains why i make shit on the weekends. when all the nyc small business go feet up i'll blame you summer hour types. hope you're happy.