CDIH

Full Version: Is music important to you? - Do you really care about music?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found this interesting article on music, Music, the unasked questions -- when, ironically, I was looking up lyrics For Brian Wheat's (Tesla) other band SoulMotor's song [MP3]"Man Made God"[/MP3] from their upcoming 2nd cd Revolution Wheel due out April 9th. -

This site, called The Meme Machine, also has discussions on atheim, politics etc.. as well as a forum. It's pretty interesting to say the least. Besides, the meaning of life is revealed in the atheism section.

<center>Man Made God
SoulMotor

You can't stand the sight of me
Molded by your hands
Something less than perfect
Nothing more than man

I am your reflection
I am how you see yourself
I am only as you made me

In your image...

<chorus>
Man made heaven, man made hell
Man [[missing lyrics]]
Creature, Preacher, Teacher -- FOOL

How does it feel to be a man made god?

Sickened by the thought of me
Wretched thing that failed
Curse your own creation
So ugly and so frail

I am your rejection
I am how you hate yourself
I am only as you made me

In your image...

Man [[missing lyrics]]
Creature preacher teacher -- FOOL

...a man made god
...a man made god
...a man made god

<solo>

I am your rejection
I am how you hate yourself
I am only as you made me

In your image...

Man [[missing lyrics]]

How does it feel, motherfucker?

Man [[missing lyrics]]

...a man made god
...a man made god
...a man made god</center><font color=#EEEEEE>

Edited By SLASH on Mar. 07 2002 at 4:54
The guy is a bit of a downer....

Quote:Get real. Grow up. Think. How can you be so shallow as to take this stuff so seriously. It is just noise. It is not the rhythm of life, the beat of your heart or the song of your soul.
Quote:Were you expecting something else? Were you expecting something that makes you feel good? Why? Has there been anything in your life to give you cause to expect there to be more to life than meets the eye?
Thank you ..umm, yea he is...
SLASH Wrote:Thank you ..umm, yea he is...
Thank you? Not you is it? Did I just put my foot in my mouth again?
Quote:[[missing lyrics]]
hmmm.....

Man Made Right or Wrong????
Man May Ride the Roll????

.....damn... Still never figured that part out, huh????
You still pushing that Soulmotor cd? What happened? Did the sales on The Benjamins cd dry up and you are trying to make up the difference?
[Image: ben_main.jpg]

THE Benjamins?
Did I say The Benjamins, I meant their spin-off group Poppa Squat
Quote:[[missing lyrics]]

Quote:Man Made Right or Wrong????
That's what it sounds like to me. :thumbs-up:

Good song, dl'ing the other right now...

But no, I don't like the guy who writes for that site...just because he's not passionate about it doesn't mean no one else should be...or maybe he's just pissed off at pop music, I dunno...and people, namely teenagers, being sheep about buying everything the industry tells them to

But music has always played a very important role in ALL cultures, for example, in rituals and spiritual celebrations, and slaves used music as a form of disobedience and to keep their African culture alive. I guess he never took a music history class. hell, they used to castrate young boys in Italy just so they could keep their beautiful falsetto voices forever. If that's not obsession with music, I don't know what is...

<font color=white> <font size=1>Poppa Squat events calendar:
March
1 Poor Billy's - Woodbridge, NJ
2 OFF
8 Tuxedo Junction - Danbury, CT
9 Club XS - Seaside, NJ
11 Benefit, Quarter Deck - LBI, NJ
15 Just Jakes - Montclair, NJ
16 Katonah Grill - Katonah, NY
22 Quarter Deck - LBI, NJ
23 O'Donoghue's - Hoboken, NJ
27 Poor Billy's - Woodbridge, NJ
28 Rookie's - Cromwell, CT
29 Casey O'Toole's - Wayne
30 Paradox - Plainfield, NJ </font size=1> </font color=white>
Spitfire Wrote:
Quote:<font color=white> <font size=1>Poppa Squat events calendar:
March
1 Poor Billy's - Woodbridge, NJ
2 OFF
8 Tuxedo Junction - Danbury, CT
9 Club XS - Seaside, NJ
11 Benefit, Quarter Deck - LBI, NJ
15 Just Jakes - Montclair, NJ
16 Katonah Grill - Katonah, NY
22 Quarter Deck - LBI, NJ
23 O'Donoghue's - Hoboken, NJ
27 Poor Billy's - Woodbridge, NJ
28 Rookie's - Cromwell, CT
29 Casey O'Toole's - Wayne
30 Paradox - Plainfield, NJ </font size=1> </font color=white>
OWWWWWW, my head hurts now....bad Spit, very bad
Confusedpits: Confuseduicide:

But I agree, music is really important. Sometimes a song can express how you are feeling at a given moment far better than any words you can think of yourself, even if its an instrumental. Bah, but what do I know....I'm a schmuck who posts on a message board
Rolleyes
Quote:Music is a very minor part of my life. In the last twenty years I have spent less money on music than on headache tablets or anchovies. I have always had something more important to spend my money on, I have not refused to buy music, I just haven't got round to it. Music has always been available to me on the radio, if I could find nothing better to do. This attitude I regard as healthy.

That is how I felt throughout most of my teenage years. I never actually bought any CDs. But ever since file-sharing programs became available, I've been getting more and more into music. Napster and now Audiogalaxy got me into bands that I otherwise would not have heard of becasue they are not on TV or radio. It also has given me access to more music from bands I liked before and I have grown to appreciate them more. So I basically have the internet to thank for my new found love of music. I still haven't gotten into the habit of buying music, but that's mainly because I'm a cheap fuck.
OK, so during the summer, I work part time at a bicycle shop. There's this kid that works there (I call him a kid because he really acts like one, he's 23 thought I think) that doesn't like music. Well, it's not just music, he doesn't really like music, or movies or TV either, because it's entertainment, and entertainment is bad for you. It's a huge time waster. No shit, I'm not even joking with you. This kid is serious. He despises going to concerts, and really doesn't listen to much music.

So to see someone else have problems with music doesn't shock me. It's just very hard for me to accept. Being that I've been a musician all my life, and come from a VERY musical family, it came like breathing to me. I'm at the point where I have music that I haven't even listened to yet because I don't have the time. There's just sooo much out there.

It's funny, because I sit and think sometimes, and I get discouraged, even upset, that I will NEVER hear all the music out there. Even the bad stuff, can be pretty good sometimes. It all depends on what you're getting out of it, and that depends even more on what YOU put into it.
Hey Ladi Wrote:
SLASH Wrote:Thank you ..umm, yea he is...
Thank you? Not you is it? Did I just put my foot in my mouth again?
LOL, no Lady, it was a joke. I guess the joke worked :bouncer:

Facey, I was looking up the lyrics and came across that other sight that I thought was interesting.

It's not like I was trying to promote the latest from Michelle Branch, as Spit was saying maybe this guy is pissed off at that type of pop TRL obsession with music

Sure I posted a link to the mp3 'Man Made God', but I also posted these Real Audio Streams Real Audio - Low Bandwidth Real Audio - High Bandwidth for her song 'Everywhere', once upon a time. SoulMotor just doesn't happen to be a band that begs to be voted on for TRL via their website, as evidenced below :crackhead:

Our next "Attack TRL" day is this Tuesday, October 16. Flood the phone lines and vote online often as we work to get Michelle back on the countdown!

January 13, 2002
The 3-step Attack TRL Plan:

1) Watch Michelle debut "All You Wanted" on Thursday, Jan. 17
2) Vote for "All You Wanted" on Friday, January 18.
3) Check to see if she made it to number 1 on Monday, January 21!

February 5, 2002
ATTACK TRL tomorrow, February 6! Vote all day online and then flood the phone lines at 2:55PM EST!

February 20, 2002
Michelle will be performing "All You Wanted" LIVE with her band on TRL tomorrow, February 21!

February 22, 2002
"All You Wanted" was #2 on TRL today!! You guys are doing an amazing job voting, we're almost there!!

February 27, 2002
"All You Wanted" is officially the NUMBER ONE video on TRL for 2/27/02!! Keep voting and keep Michelle right where she belongs!

<h2>Music Appreciation: 101</h2>

Professor(and I use that term loosely):[/i] Spit, would you like to listen to some music?

Spit(stoned out of her gourd): Sure mannn, I'd appreciate it

<center>[Image: A+.gif]
Why in Gods name would you want a band you like to appear on TRL?

Edited By Keyser Soze on Mar. 08 2002 at 12:32
Music is very important to me, it expresses my feelings when I need it. Whether it's a song where the lyrics put into words what I feel only in a better way. Or it's a song that inspires me because the artist is feeling what I am feeling and it shows me some motivation towards a compromise. The music that means the most to me though are classical pieces especially beethoven, liszt, and mozart. The expression without words is what usually gets me, anger, depression, hate, love, etc. It's always there for me, blues, jazz, rock even rap.
Oh yeah, music might be one of the most important things in my life. It brings me every type of feeling from complete exhiliration to utter saddness and I couldn't imagine not having it.
Quote:Why in Gods name would you want a band you like to appear on TRL?

Keyser, would you like me to see what I can do to get Fourplay on heavy Rotation? Of course, I will have to run the idea past Facey.
SLASH Wrote:
Quote:Why in Gods name would you want a band you like to appear on TRL?

Keyser, would you like me to see what I can do to get Fourplay on heavy Rotation? Of course, I will have to run the idea past Facey.
You are my new favorite whore.

Pump that shit baybee!!
Quote:You are my new favorite whore.

Who am I kidding, I am just trying to get this thread to page 2. Relative to my history of thread success, page 2 will mean that I am a Golden God just like you.

::Getting Towel Ready::
SLASH Wrote:
Quote:You are my new favorite whore.

Who am I kidding, I am just trying to get this thread to page 2. Relative to my history of thread success, page 2 will mean that I am a Golden God just like you.

::Getting Towel Ready::
Slash will always be my one and only love.
Pages: 1 2