CDIH

Full Version: New York City is broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
WTF is up with your power and shit?
Plenty of shit just not enough power.
my buddy list of online buddies got pretty light all the sudden.
I'm seeing multiple fires in New York and Jersey on NBC. It looked like one oil refinery has four fires coming out of their smoke stacks. A report of an explosion at a Conn Edison in NY, it looked like another plume of smoke coming from another one Jersey.

Also, no cell service, no traffic lights in New York. Power out throughout much of the east coast.

No one seems worried and they're just saying that it's probably natural from the heat and such.

No power in Detroit, NY, most of CT, most of eastern Canada

Edited By Galt on 1060893873
MSNBC is reporting that the Niagra-Mohawk power grid is overloaded.
moved reply two spaces down

<table style=filter:flipV>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^</table><font color=white>

Edited By Galt on 1060896089
news says its not terrism
I hope we invade another country regardless.
i guess im not going to the Mets game now. :-(
"...Bloomberg said smoke from a Consolidated Edison Inc. plant in the city was due to the plant's automatic shutdown, not to a fire, as had been reported. "
the 14th street sub station in new york city appears to have begun the domino effect that took out the rest of them. imagine that, a power grid so fragile that a sub station in new york city could take out the niagra grid.
it's hot in here
ezpass is down :-)
traffic dude said they are gonna use generators for toll plazas along the parkway. you better hurry :21:
Hopefully people will make it home before dusk so they don't find an excuse to behave like animals.
sunset is 7:57PM tonight.

they announced that power is beginning to come back but not inside new york yet.
You people suck when there is no electricity.
i think we're experiencing a posting outage.
i just got back from key west, so it definitely wasn't my fault. kinda sucks though, if i'd been up there i woulda been stuck at work with nothing to do but drink all the beer before it got warm
i thought you limeys liked your beer warm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4