CDIH

Full Version: Jason Vs. Freddy - Just some good old bloody fun...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw JvF on Friday and I gotta say I liked it alot. It was what the old slasher films were about...killing for the sake of killing. It's been a while since I've seen a major movie like this, with the amount of blood that's spilled in this one. The story, I won't spoil it for anybody going to see it, was an intersting one and got more so the later it got. The fights between Freddy and Jason were more like a WWE battle between Undertaker and HHH, with each one getting there finishers in, but both kicking out of them and with any good slasher film, the Black actor, in this case actress, gets killed during the movie. The ending was pretty good too. Where they will go from here, is anybody's guess. All in all, JvF was just a fun movie, that let's you escape from the world for a little while at least.
i agree!
I'm tempted to go and buy the bootleg right now.
I don't do "fun"
Saw it. Loved it. A total bloodbath. It's the return of the old school slasher flicks. And the black girl in the movie is one of the members of Destiny Child. Kelly Rowland i think her name is.
It made 36.5 million over the weekend

Looks like we may see a return of slasher flicks if this continues.
Well we saw a preview of the new "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake and it just looked fucking creepy. Totally different than the original, not story-wise, but just cinematographical(if that's even a word) It definately looks like a must-see, although it looks like it will keep you up for days
Yeah, I've seen that trailer, but it looks a little different in that it goes more for the psycological aspect as opposed to the gory effects of the original.

I'm thinking more along the lines of seeing another Halloween, Hellraiser, Candyman etc.
these movies never scared me and we're never really all that entertaining except for the first few. i prefer more of the jacobs ladder, amityville horror, rosemarys baby type horror flicks.
The Ring was overrated. It turned into another "crazed psycho killer" flick at the end. Very uninteresting overall even though I was scared shitless throughout most of the movie. The ending was just a bit disappointting. What does this have to do with JvF....Nothing so there.
just watched freddy vs jason. it was cool. good stuff
Gore rating: .5

Fun: 4

Not good horror, not bloody enough to make bad horror good
Are we all desensitized or have they just stopped making horror movies scary?

The fight scenes were good, but I remember being terrified of Freddy Krueger as a kid. I watch these movies for that feeling.
Horror movies in general never scared me. The orginal nightmare i saw in the movies as a kid and i do remember not sleeping well that night though. Blood and guts i always thought were cool and not scary.
oh yeah, i'll be seeing this! i'm sayin micheal myers kills'em both in the end!