CDIH

Full Version: Coward Employers - respect the way you expect to respected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went for a Job interview on Tuesday. It was a good opportunity. I really thought I had the job. I was suposed to just go for the first interview, but the exact words were "you seem like such a good fit, do you mind meeting with our VP so we can speed up the hiring process?" She went on to tell me the normal process is to have the candidate come in 2-3 times for interviews.

Well I drove 2 hours in traffic just to meet with these people, not to mention I missed time at my current job. I understand if they went with another candidate, thats life. BUT SHE TOLD ME BY EMAIL. I think after making it seem like such a definate thiing, a phone call should have been made. Email just seems cowardly. Thats as bad as breaking up with someone by sending a letter.

Am I wrong to think that email is cowardly in this situation? Has anyone else had a employment rejection via email?

Edited By Stoned Again on 1061494661
They should have called. It was impolite of them not to. You should be glad to have escaped working for those people.
if it's a larger company do you have any idea how many people they interview? If they are going to call everyone who they interview, it'll take forever.

email takes seconds, a phone call could take forever if people don't want to let th eperson hang up.
Politeness trumps expediency.
They are a mid size, Business Intellegence Sollutions company. One of the smaller ones in their industry though. If it only took two days to make a decision then I cant see how a phone call would of been so hard to do.

EMAIL is weak no matter what the circumstances. Unprofessional in my opinion. Plus she specifically asked for my day time phone number to contact me when the decision is made.
i think thats standard procedure for fry tech at mickey d's.
says a former applicant who got a thanks but no thanks e-mail from Hamburger U.