CDIH

Full Version: Isiah Thomas fired.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I guess Larry Bird got his way and Thomas is gone. It's no secret that these 2 have never gotten along but when Bird was hired all talk of their dislike of each other was blown off as umimportant, strange how things have changed. Here's the article from espn.com

Isiah Thomas was fired Wednesday as head coach of the Indiana Pacers, a surprise move that came only seven weeks after Larry Bird as president of basketball operations.

Thomas will be paid for the final season remaining on his contract.

"After looking at film, seeing how things were and evaluating the basketball operations, I detected the team's chemistry wasn't what it should be," Larry Bird, the team's director of basketball, said in a statement. "A change was necessary and a fresh start was important."

Bird rejoined the franchise in his current role last month.

Thomas, an NBA Hall of Famer, led a young Indiana team into the playoffs each of his first three seasons, but they were knocked out in the first round each year. He was 131-115 in three years.

Pacers president Donnie Walsh said the search for a replacement would be immediately. Among the possibly replacements is former Detroit Pistons coach Rick Carlisle, a former Pacers assistant when Bird as coach.

Thomas won two championships as a player with the Pistons.
I'll do Hedcold's post for him

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:
hedcold is out foodshopping.

ill text message him on his cell, but faceman get the mop ready for cleanup in the frozen pizza section, hes going to be crazy excited.
you mean you guys are for real friends like in real life?
no i just made that all up
rick carlisle will be hired tomorrow
Galt Wrote:you mean you guys are for real friends like in real life?
I have eaten ranch 1 with him and joobies. we are BFFL!
Who cares? The NBA is a bullshit league. They palm the ball, travel and alot more. The college game is the one to watch.
I hear columbia has quite a team this year
yea and that north iowa state tech team looks like a winner!
why are you playing along with a joke you obviously don't get
hey look, its the cool kids fucking with the new guy in school
Columbia? Do they have a basketball team?
I am a Big East guy. Go St. Johns! Too bad they always suck.
Rolleyes
Why the rolleyes? Who do you root for?
:23:
If Georgia Tech could hold a player for more than just his freshman year we'd be decent. Too bad our guys go pro as soon as they do.
matt harpring stayed for 4 years
so did drew barry
my BFFL summed up my thoughts pretty well
yay
Pages: 1 2