CDIH

Full Version: best idea ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
when you are sending out a letter, don't put a stamp on it and instead of putting the address in the middle, put it as the return address. That way it will be "returned" to the person you are sending it to, and you save 37 cents. how did i never think of this?
yeah, my sister used to do that, she had a pen pal for free for quite a while. but that was back in the 80's, i haven't sent a letter in years
I'll do that when I travel back in time and start sending letters to people.
I'm sure grandma really appreciates those e-cards.
grandma would not approve of trying to get around the system
that's actually a pretty good idea - nice job!
I swear to God. I thought of this when I was about 10. I'm not kidding.

I was so happy and proud about how I had skirted the system and was able to piggyback for free. I told my dad. It was really the first time in my life that I had done something "adult" that showed I had logic and was trying to solve problems in new and creative ways.

After I told him, he looked at me and said "Quit being such a jew."
But how far does this idea get you? I would imagine that these letters don't make it that far without someone at the post office seeing that it has no postage. If you wanted to mail a letter, for example, to your Aunt in California and you drop it in a mailbox in Philadelphia (with the return address being the california one) someone's got the be thinking how the fuck did it get this far with no postage? It's pretty stupid to think that your Aunt would drive all the way to Philly to mail a fucking letter to you when she's probably within spitting distance of your house. Inter city or inter region mail this idea may work. But not state to state, or city to city.
You're disputing the integrity of a scheme that will save you pocket change.
i always knew sleeper was a genius
Yeah, real budget deficit type savings we're looking at here.
a penny saved...
Is a penny I toss in the street...
every 37 cents counts! i bet if you added up all the letters you mail out in a year thats some healthy savings!
I haven't mailed a letter yet in 2003.
<------ the 21st century
You pay no bills?

Hipee
Online bill payment?

Plus, would you want your fucking checks floating around the country, praying that this financially, ingenious idea succeeds in getting them where they need to go?
I pay all my bills online so no stamps are required.
Just throw your checks for your bills out the window. They'll get to where they need to go.
Pages: 1 2 3