CDIH

Full Version: Never Forget
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That yesterday was 9/11

:33:

But seriously, my friend was telling me about something today that really pissed me off. 9/11 still is pretty hard for me to get over, I know for some here they joke about it but while I understand it, I still have some pretty deep rooted feelings about that day.

anyway, my friend was telling me that the tribute to the firefighters they are planning to erect on the site, with the names of all the firefighters who died in the building and on that day. Will exclude all of the volunteer and retired firefighters because they were not "real" firefighters. So it was fine for them to show up and die but they don't deserve a little space on a wall? To me that is just beyond fucked up and further proves how fuckin scummy the suits at the top are. I just don't have any words for my hatred right now for people period.
That's some bullshit and whoever decided that should be beaten and made dead.
whos doing this particular tribute?
I am guessing the city.

but the decision to not include the retired and volunteer firefighters was by the fire dept heads themselves. Their reasoning is that it would be breaking protocol and tradition, since they were not active firefighters. The families are saying, these men were not employees at the WTC, They were not asked or forced they went because of their history and ties to the dept, to help, to show the best of the fire dept.

It's just more stuborness on the part of the FDNY, the same stuborness that was shown on 9/11 when they refused to work with the other departments as far as sharing and giving out information, probably causing more casualties than there should have been.
We should firebomb the tribute as a protest against keeping the volunteers off it. I'm sure everyone would understand.

I was on the phone last night on the couch around midnight and looked out the window and saw the tribute lights. I hadn't seen them before, and didn't notice them when I was driving in.

It got all pensive.
The volunteers & retirees should have their own monument.
Quote:It's just more stuborness on the part of the FDNY, the same stuborness that was shown on 9/11 when they refused to work with the other departments as far as sharing and giving out information, probably causing more casualties than there should have been.
don't say that. too many people died because they went in and tried to save people. not one of those men were thinking about the buerocracy of it all. i'm sure you didn't mean that so much but it happened.
i'm still haunted by it all. i worked for a guy named alex, i hope so much that he retuired, but i doubt it. he used to call his wife amillion times a day. i think she must've had alzheimers or something. he was always asking if she'd remembered to eat lunch and stuff.

that 's the thing that gets to me, i don't think this thread was supposed t o be all that seriousl but it gets to me. he was always in the office and workin way before i got there, he was always there by 8:30. what's happened to his wife? what happened with the girl who was so annoying but was there in 93 and chose to still work there? what happened to the girl who was 8 mnonths pregnant when i left?

yeah, they were all there a year before it happened and i got the hell out of 9-5 but were they all there again when a plane slammed into that office?