CDIH

Full Version: Creative or fucking nuts... - You make the choice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A protester rolled a nut to Prime Minister Tony Blair 's doorstep with his nose on Friday, completing a 7-mile journey across London aimed at highlighting the issue of student debt.

Mark McGowan, 37, crawled on his hands and knees for 11 days as he pushed the nut from Goldsmiths College in southeast London to Downing Street using his nose.

"I wanted to do something that was particularly difficult, so I think I've proved the point there," said McGowan, who wore a bandage on the tip of his nose. He had spent eight hours a day since Sept. 1 pushing the nut through the capital.

McGowan gave the nut to a member of Blair's office with a letter asking the prime minister to accept it as payment for his 15,000 pounds (US$24,000) of student debt. He plans to start a masters degree in art history at Goldsmiths College in October.

"I've got a sore nose, but hopefully I've paid it (the debt) off," McGowan told Sky News, "I handed the nut in. ... At least I've made my point and I think that's important."

Asked whether McGowan's debt would be canceled in return for the nut, Blair's office said it was "not for us to be involved in his financial dealings."

McGowan is a veteran of unusual protests. He once rolled himself across London for 4 1/2 miles singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" to highlight the work of office cleaners. On another occasion he walked for 11 miles around south and central London with a turkey strapped to his head in a bid to persuade people to eat less and cut obesity rates.

[Image: capt.1063374077.britain_nut_protest_lon807.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

Edited By Faceman on 1063399923
thats fucking stupid
who do i need to fuck to pay off my college loans?
who paid to educate you,

they are the ones that really got fucked.
"It's Nucking Futs".
Keyser Soze Wrote:who do i need to fuck to pay off my college loans?
:poke:
idiot!
trish, is that lump sum or monthly installments?