CDIH

Full Version: Race. - What does it REALLY mean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, I'm black, but some people would call me "african-american". In reality, I'm as much of an african as any of you.

There are very few people left in this country that can truly call themselves american, yet white people seem to think that they are the true americans.

Diversity made this country happen, but much of it still holds anger towards inter-racial dating/marriage. To me, this just lends itself towards keeping a shallow gene pool.

How else can you explain how each race has its defining charcteristics?

What ever happend to MLK's dream?

I'm left with the conclusion that people suck. That lack of understanding leads to much of the hatred that exists between the races.
Someone has been reading Boondocks again :23:

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>*EDIT* Arrgggggg...Hottie, you suck. How dare you not logout of cdih on your own computer. Tongue
-Gooch</span>

Edited By Hottie on 1064382132
Nope.. thats the new Kid.

Moving to Las Vegas has pussified him.
hi. i'm white.
I just want to know what race would consider Gooch a "HOTTIE"?
That's called alcohol poisoning.
A race of mole people living 1000 miles below the earth's surface.
this isnt my work, but I found it to be an interesting read nonetheless :
Quote:DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING
A few things you may not know

His name wasn't Martin Luther. It was Michael. It was decided "Martin Luther" had a more prominent ring to it, so he went by that. He never legally changed his name. To this day, he lived and died as Michael King.

While working on his dissertation for his doctoral degree at Boston University, he heavily plagiarized from another author who had done research on a subject similar to Kings. An academic committee later found that over half of King's work was plagiarized, yet would not revoke his doctoral. King was dead by this time, and the committee ruled that revoking the title would serve no purpose.

It was also discovered that King's famous "I Have A Dream" speech was also not his own. He stole it from a sermon by Archibald Carey, a popular black preacher in the 1950's.

King was under FBI surveillance for several years (until he died) due to his ties with communist organizations throughout the country. King accepted money from these organizations to fund his movements. In return, King had to appoint communist leaders to run certain districts of his SCLC (Southern Christian Leadership Conference), who then could project their communist ideas to larger audiences. A federal judge in the 60's ruled that the FBI files on King's links to communism to remain top-secret until 2027. Senator Jesse Helms appealed to the Supreme Court in 1983 to release the files, so the current bill in the Senate was created so the Martin Luther King Federal Holiday could be abolished. He was denied.

One of King's closest friends, Rev. Ralph Abernathy, wrote a book in 1989 in which he talked about King's obsession with white prostitutes. King would often use church donations to have drunken sex parties, where he would hire two to three white prostitutes, occasionally beating them brutally. This has also been reported by the FBI agents who monitored King. King was married with four children.

The 2nd Monday in Jan. is Martin Luther King Day. A day when this country comes to a screeching halt so we can have parades and memorials to honor this man, a man that most of the world views as a saint for his role in the civil rights movement. No other public holiday in the United States honors a single individual. Of all the great leaders in our Nation's history -none of them have their own holiday. All of our great war heroes share Memorial Day. All of our great presidents share President's Day. Yet King - a man who was a phony, a cheater, a traitor, and a sexual degenerate - gets a day of his own. I have a big problem with that.

I'm not trying to take anything away from African Americans, (an African- American is someone who was born in Africa, and migrated to America, those born in America, are "just" Americans) I am trying to point out that

(1) the vast majority of people are sorely mistaken about Michael King, and

(2) that reverse discrimination is blatantly obvious everywhere you look today.

Watched the news lately? President Bush just got himself in some hot water when he spoke out against the University of Michigan for giving black applicants precedence over more qualified white applicants. Now Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, and other black leaders are trashing him, without a doubt planning how they can use this against his re-election campaign. Think about that - Bush just made a stand for equal human rights, but low and behold - in this case they don't want to be treated as equals. Make up your minds.

White males are the most abused ethnic group in this country today. Can I do anything about it? Absolutely not. If I dare speak out I'll get labeled a racist, harassed by the media, subsequently lose hope for ever having a job, and never be able to show my face in public again.
I made it to about the third sentence in that quote before I felt that the spelling errors deemed it unworthy of any further thought. But thanks for copying and pasting it.
no problem - but it is factually accurate despite the spelling errors.

Edited By Goatweed on 1064383426
I went to the world cup of soccer in Japan last summer. The only thing stupider than watching white kids trying to act like african americans is actual Africans trying to act like African americans.

I meet these two Nigerian accountants and they figured they could fool everyone they met into thinking they were gang banger from LA. ( cause all the movies and music and shit ).

Yo Biatch, Whats ups Nigger.

It was the funniest thing I ever saw.
Maybe you could hop in the Delorean and save Tu-Pac and push Jesse Jackson in front of MLK when the shot rings out.
Jesse Jackson should be put to sleep.
remember when kid would bitch and complain that there's never any serious discussions on any board that ever existed and how they all sucked because of the lack there of. and then everyone would say well, why don't you try and start an intelligent discussion yourself? i think this is his attempt.
OK, I'll put on my serious hat for this one.

My mother was born in Morocco. It's an arab country (though she's Jewish...it's a long story) in Africa. Does this make me part African-American? No, not in the slightest. Similarly, I once heard Lennox Lewis (heavyweight boxing title holder) refered to as an African-American. This isn't true because, in case you don't know, he is British. He was born in England and lives there most of the year.

I think the politically correct terms we use now to cover race are actually worse than the old ones...but that's a discussion for another time. Still we like to be able to group people together, based on skin color, or where they lived, or what language they speak. This isn't the case so much anymore.

It used to be that this was necessary because people of a certain ethnicity stayed in cirlces mainly of their own, black people wiht balck people, Russian people with Russian people, Chinese with Chinese, etc. It's been about 100 years and now what do we have, I just had a daughter with my girlfriend who's family was born in Taiwan. We don't get too many weird looks when we walk down the street because it's not strange to see interracial couples anymore.

I think as a society, we're (very slowly) getting away from the need to put people into groups based on what they look like. I know it's still not a place where people will "not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character" but I do think it's getting closer. So to get ack to Kid's original question, what is race, I think it's a group society uses because we like things to be neat and orderly but our society is slowly growing out of that need and one day it may be an obsolete idea.
It sucks to be black no doubt and it probably always will for a very long time until if ever there comes a day when the world is covered with mulattos. History has not been kind to them, however they got off a lot easier than the poor duimb american indians. They are practically extinct. What causes such things noone will probably ever know.

Is it social? There have been a zillion different cultures and social orders througout the world and throughout history. In isolation they thrived. When they clash one is usually squashed (sometimes in the most harsh way) or integrated (to the point where much of the identity of the one is all but lost).

Is it genetic? African amercans have been shit on over and over and yet they are still here. Many thrive. What qualities have saved their asses as opposed to american indians? Do such intrinsic qualities exist or does it all depend the luck of the social order of that particular time? Will even thinking about this in these terms lead to anything?

Humans can only think one dimensionally in a multidimentsional world. We can try to look at something that is dynamic and ever-evolving in terms of it's particular state at a given point in time or in terms of a specific feature or function. This approach may lead to understanding when looking at certain phenomenon but can also lead to one doing intellectual somersaults: wasting your time, and inventing terms that have very vague meanings in an attempt to describe something that is beyond "describing" as we as humans can understand the term.
Quote:What qualities have saved their asses as opposed to american indians?

"Indians" are not "almost extict," but your perception is common. Dominant culture feels that because Indians aren't organizing and storming DC that the whole ethnicity has been erased. Native people and ways and cultures are very much alive, some being practiced regularly by contemporary people not of native ancestry. Not getting swallowed up by what most people know. It hasn't changed much in 500 years: native culture keeps to itself. You don't see it, you think it isn't there.

There are literally hundred of millions of full-blood "indians" in the US and Canada.
point me to them.

I hear you can get great deals on land if you just give them some wine.
Still asking indians for directions. Some things never change.
hey. Serves you right for being on our land before we got here.
Pages: 1 2 3